NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jeffkirchner
Deceased
Deceased

NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by jeffkirchner »

Welcome to OFCC's forum.

Please take a few moments to read the Forum Rules, Policies, & How-to's.

The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), linked at the top right corner of every page, contains subjects such as Login and Registration Issues, Posting Issues, Searching the Forums, etc. If you don't find the answers to your questions there, don't be afraid to ask any moderator, or other forum member.
The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Cranky

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by Cranky »

Ah, thanks for this intro thread!
I've enjoyed this board for over a year as a lurker. I recently applied for Ohio and Florida permits and figured it was time to register here.
I just ordered my membership to OFCC as well :D
Semper Paratus
sekinkead

Post by sekinkead »

Hi, I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now. I did post in a couple of the forums already but wanted to properly introduce myself. I just got my CHL on Friday, I have a Springfield XD9 in layaway. It has been there for about 9 days now and I think its time for me to bring it home. My husband and I and a group of friends took our class together on Jan. 31st and they had the business cards out for no gun = no money and that is how I stumbled upon this site. I have enjoyed all of the posts. There is a wealth of information here, some very serious and some had me laughing so hard I cried. I am new to pistols, but grew up around rifles and shotguns. My dad was a boy scout leader so I am no stranger to guns, but handguns made me nervous. My husband suggested the CCW course and I thought is was a perfect time and place to overcome the intimidation a handgun gave me. I am so glad that I did! So anyway, I love this site and all of the information and now you know a little more about me. :D
sekinkead

Post by sekinkead »

I am the husband of said lurker above (sekinkead) and found this site the same way. I didn't grow up around guns except the one I used to hear at nite in the northend of columbus. Good friends of mine and my wife talked me into the ccw class and after I recieved my chl I started carrying my very expensive, high quality and very intimidating Hi-Point 9mm till I get my XD out of layaway. I've enjoyed everyone feedback, idea's and all their info on all the crappy politics we have to deal with these day's. I'm glad to be a chl holder and defend my 2nd amendment rights.
BFerg

Post by BFerg »

Hi all! I've been lurking here for quite a while and joined up last month. I found the place I took my CCW course (Adirondack Firearms Training) through the site and was happy to find it's 3 miles from my house. I applied here in Trumbull County on Feb. 2 and received my CHL on Feb 12.
A little about me,
I started going to gun shows with my Grandfather back in the 70's in my teens when I moved in with my Grandparents. We also season camped back then and hunted whatever was in season. I've grown up (some would argue I've only grown older) at guns shows, gun shops, camping, and hunting.
My wife and I have season camped the past 8 years and when not there, or working, I'm usually doing something outdoors. I enjoy local Bike Nights on the Super Glide or DRZ400S on/off road bike. If I'm in the house I'm usually online checking out gun, hunting, or bike related websites. I do watch quite a bit of TV, mostly the Weather Channel local on the 8's to see what the weather is going to be like. :D
Looking forward to learning more as time goes by and maybe even being able to help out from time to time.
Have a good one,
Brian
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I'm am new to the site. I have been lurking for the past couple of weeks. I've had my chl since October 2008 and am looking forward to some advanced training. I own a Sig P250 compact and an old Taurus .38 special. Lots of great info on this site.
I am looking forward to the second amendment march coming up next spring. In case you haven't heard, please check it out at http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Jeff, looks like you figgered out how to flush'm out :wink:

Welcome to the forums, where we're known to be both educational and entertaining at times, please disregard the sometimes crabby side that also shows up at times :oops:

sekinkead, you two can each have an identity here, that way we won't embarrass ourselves when we reply :lol:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Welcome aboard to all of you. Enjoy it here, I know I do.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Welcome Cranky, BFerg, Mr. & Mrs.Sekinkead, & Pirateguy! It's great to have you with us. I have to get used to the new welcome format. I just want to assure you we will be checking in here to learn about our new members. As always, please feel free to chime in and mix things up as the mood strikes. The best thing we can accomplish here is to help people develop the confidence to take the gun with you rather than decide it's not necessary or too much trouble, etc. The more we know about carrying well, the more comfortable we become with it. This will lead to a safer country for us all, excepting of course, the bad guys. :wink:
The British are going! The British are going!
kkinkead

Post by kkinkead »

Sorry about that. I didn't pay attention to who I was logged in as at the time. :wink:
Tyler_Ladd

Post by Tyler_Ladd »

I guess I'll post up, I'm new-ish. Been here since December.

Bet you can't guess what my name is. :shock: I'm 21 years old, 3rd year Biomedical Engineering major at the University of Cincinnati.

I do not have my CHL yet, I'm taking my class March 15th, but I do still OC everywhere that I legally can.
“In the beginning of change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain
Sig-r-man

Post by Sig-r-man »

Greetings, I've been a long time visitor to this site, but this is only my second post. I got so fired up with the 2nd Amendment
March that I decided to jump in and get involved. I believe that if the march goes as planned, it'll open a lot of eyes in D.C.
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Welcome Tyler_Ladd and sig-r-man
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Hello To All-So glad i found this site. So much helpful info and advice. Visited several other handgun forums until i found this one. Haven't been to any others since.I am 54 and have been out of the shooting game for many years. My how things have changed.Had been meaning to get my chl since they first became available but had been putting it off. Then last summer we almost had a large gang fight across the street at our rental house. Called LE but they were very slow in coming.Our Chief was very apologetic,but if gunfire had erupted that would of been little consolation.Then informed by the wife that i would put it off no longer.Took the course and now carry everyday,everywhere.I currently carry a Rossi 357mag but am cruising the gunshops for a new Kimber 45.I am from Geauga Cty in Amish country. Current NRA menber and will be signing up shortly with OCC. So pleased to meet you all. :D
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Welcome to the forums jose45, I'm 58 and they put up with me, I'm sure you'll feel right at home here 8)
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;