New Feedback System

Ohio's best kept used firearms and accessories market secret. Shop or list your items for sale here. Discussions on this forum should be limited to the negotiation of a sale or trade - New listings will soon be limited to OFCC Members - join OFCC here for unlimited listings!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
By using the For Sale Forum you agree to the rules as outlined in this post. Continued use of the For Sale forum, conducting transactions, or posting here indicates acceptance of these rules which may change without notice.
jeffkirchner
Deceased
Deceased

Re: New Feedback System

Post by jeffkirchner »

You both posted in the Feedback thread. Maybe you can use that one to submit feedback?
The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

jeffkirchner wrote:You both posted in the Feedback thread. Maybe you can use that one to submit feedback?
I tried it and it didn't work. I'll give it another shot.
Last edited by ArcherAce on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

ArcherAce wrote:Is there anyway to give feedback to someone when the post is gone? I made a purchase from NavyChief years ago when he was living in Fla. The post is long gone and can't figue out a way to leave him feedback for the sale.

Would it be possible to set it up where we could use the old feedback thread, topic #12590 as the thread we link to? Otherwise, I'm going to have a heck of a time digging up these old threads. If they even exist anymore.

Also, for the "role" radio button, maybe you change that to read "Your Role". That way people won't mistakenly thinks it the roll of the person you are leaving feedback for. Cuz', you know, that could happen to someone that isn't paying attention and didn't read the instructions. :roll:
^ good idea on the your role. I'm also thinking of shutting off the function that deletes posts and archiving them indefinitely.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

ArcherAce wrote:
jeffkirchner wrote:You both posted in the Feedback thread. Maybe you can use that one to submit feedback?
Hey, it worked this time! I used thread# 12590 to give NavyChief positive feedback for a gun I bought off him years ago. Is this going to be an acceptable way to leave feedback?
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

ArcherAce wrote:
ArcherAce wrote:
Hey, it worked this time! I used thread# 12590 to give NavyChief positive feedback for a gun I bought off him years ago. Is this going to be an acceptable way to leave feedback?
I guess so - I'm not sure if it'll let you use that thread more than once (it probably will) but I'd just ask that everyone use the honor system here. The whole purpose of adding a link is so that someone can click on it and look at what was sold/discussed. That Feedback thread is HUGE so finding your specific praise for NavyChief would be tricky. With that said, I understand the desire for the "old timers" here to want to get their feedback into the system.

I just ask that everyone use this in an honorable, honest, and legitimate effort to indicate your true feelings for someone's actions in a transaction. It won't be the end of the world if you don't go back and hunt down all your prior transactions since from this day forward you can use it for future events and the overall negative feedback here is not that significant at all.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
BigV

Post by BigV »

I recently received a PM after someone posted feedback for me.
Is this part of the process when leaving someone feedback, or did the person giving me feedback send me a PM as a courtesy?
Thanks!
BigV
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

BigV wrote:I recently received a PM after someone posted feedback for me.
Is this part of the process when leaving someone feedback, or did the person giving me feedback send me a PM as a courtesy?
Thanks!
I did that just because I'm a nice guy, BigV. No, not really. They system does it automatically. :)
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

Thanks!
I got your PM re. feedback, but I can't find the feedback posting.

I do like that scope!
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

weakhand luke wrote:I got your PM re. feedback, but I can't find the feedback posting.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
BigV

Post by BigV »

weakhand luke wrote:
Thanks!
I got your PM re. feedback, but I can't find the feedback posting.

I do like that scope!
Glad you like the scope!
Is THIS what your looking for??
BigV
McM

Post by McM »

re: The old feedback thread.

I just kept going back and editing my original post for each transaction. Will this make it easier to add them to the new feedback, or harder? If it is easier then maybe people can go back and consolidate their feedback into just 1 or 2 posts in the old thread.

Just an idea.
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne
NordicRX8

Post by NordicRX8 »

I did all my feedbacks, and then realized that some of the people I did trades and sales with never originally posted in the thread, but used the thread ID to leave feedback for them. Gee, hope I don't get banned for this. :oops:

All my trades/sales have been positive (for the most part) ;)

Also was looking to find older posts, but alas they're too old for the system to search. Had about 3 or 4 transactions that I couldn't find cause of the messages being wiped from the system. Dang, has it been that long since I started using these forums?
Suppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Teknorat wrote:Any chance we'll ever be able to edit our feedback? I left a neutral instead of a positive by mistake :cry:
Me too. :( I accidentally left Skull neutral feedback. How can I change this?
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

I'm no IP guru and I don't see what you see but can you delete the feedback and post a "correct" one ?
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

sabalo wrote:I'm no IP guru and I don't see what you see but can you delete the feedback and post a "correct" one ?
I don't see any way to delete it.