Just picked my CCW up today from Lake County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

csdisme

Just picked my CCW up today from Lake County

Post by csdisme »

As the title says I just picked up my permit today after waiting 41 days. I turned in my application on August 28th. I went out and had a milkshake to celebrate. Man, did I feel self-concious with my P2000 on my belt. I felt like everyone knew I was carrying. :P
MAC12

Re: Just picked my CCW up today from Lake County

Post by MAC12 »

I live in Muskingum County and I'm picking mine up next Thursday or Friday. I'm still trying to decide where to carry for the first time. I received my letter that I was approved in 8 days but I have to wait 3 weeks before I can pick it up. The wait is almost over.
Last edited by MAC12 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Congratulations csdisme and MAC12. It is a an odd feeling at first. You'll be amazed how quick you'll get used to it. Your carry gear and techniques will evolve over time. 4 or 5 o'clock conceals well. 3 o'clock is better if you're sitting or driving. You will experiment and decide what works best for you. Good luck and welcome.
The British are going! The British are going!
SA Dan

Post by SA Dan »

I turned in my application in Ottawa county on thurs 10/2 and recieved a call on Mon 10/6 letting me know that I could pick it up. A lot faster than I expected after reading some of the posts. Kudos to our Sheriff Bob Bratton :D :D
pps_dad

Post by pps_dad »

Congrats to all of you! Be smart Stay safe.
OFCC Member
NRA Member
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Congrats to both of you. The more you carry, it will feel like just another piece of clothing after a while. Then you'll have to get a holster that matches your outfits and different firearms for the changing of the seasons. Then after awhile you'll have so many holsters you won't know what to do with them all. Then comes the desicions of what caliber to carry. OMG I could just go on and on and on........ :mrgreen:
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
dirtydeeds

Post by dirtydeeds »

Congrats and welcome to you both. The first several times I carried I felt like everyone was staring at me like Baby Ruth
in a swimming pool. Now I'm as comfortable carrying a weapon as I am with carrying a cell phone. I never leave home without both.
You can always tell the terrorist by his cologne and the watch on his wrist. - Clutch
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

CONGRATS!!!
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
mreising

Post by mreising »

MAC12 wrote:I live in Muskingum County and I'm picking mine up next Thursday or Friday. I'm still trying to decide where to carry for the first time. I received my letter that I was approved in 8 days but I have to wait 3 weeks before I can pick it up. The wait is almost over.
What? DId the county require you to wait 3 weeks after the approval, or did you just have schedule conflicts (in which case it is none of my business)?
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
MAC12

Post by MAC12 »

mreising wrote:
MAC12 wrote:I live in Muskingum County and I'm picking mine up next Thursday or Friday. I'm still trying to decide where to carry for the first time. I received my letter that I was approved in 8 days but I have to wait 3 weeks before I can pick it up. The wait is almost over.
What? DId the county require you to wait 3 weeks after the approval, or did you just have schedule conflicts (in which case it is none of my business)?
When I received my letter it had the 2 days I can pick up my permit. They picked the dates. I will have to say when I went in to turn in my application they were the nicest people. It only took 10-15 minutes to do everything. Not sure why I have to wait. One of my friends turned in his application last week. I will see if his letter says the same when he gets it.
bcuinohio

Post by bcuinohio »

csdisme wrote:As the title says I just picked up my permit today after waiting 41 days. I turned in my application on August 28th. I went out and had a milkshake to celebrate. Man, did I feel self-concious with my P2000 on my belt. I felt like everyone knew I was carrying. :P
Next time try Geauga County. Turn around for my original and renewal was less than a week.