How'd you find this place?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Where'd you find this place?

Google/Search Engine
21%
Packing.Org
26%
TV/Radio News
3%
Friend forced me to visit!
5%
I don't know / other
45%

Total votes: 38

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

357sigsauer wrote: Wife has been cusing me every nite since then. :wink:
Mine too. Since May, 1999 :)

If she only knew what would become of "I think we'll start a website about this..."
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

If by this place, you mean ohioccwforums, then I found it by way of OFCC. If by this place, you mean OFCC, I was researching training options in Ohio and that had a high ranking search feature. The rest is history.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

I was on the NRA_ILA nesletter ans it led me to Packing.org,inturn led me to OFCCA.
Glad I found it though. I found a lot of information and a lot of VERy helpful people in here.(pat yourself on the back guys)
Daniel,Jeff,Tom,NavyChief,P4g,Mad Duck and all the others not mentioned,A Big Thank You.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Well it started one day in a far away land. I was slaving over my keyboard looking for the answer to the question that has perplexed all of man kind through out the ages...and that is who carries a gun other than yourself. Then poof I was here...Now if I could just figure out were here is. :?
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
MySQLQuery

Post by MySQLQuery »

jgarvas wrote: Mine too. Since May, 1999 :)
If she only knew what would become of "I think we'll start a website about this..."
Heh, my wife cringes every time I say that :)
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

If we could live with only knives and bow and arrows for defense,mine would be in 7th heaven.
Mine hates the fact that mine is on my side from early morning to falling asleep in my chair at night 1 hour before my nightly block walk.Then I wear it for another hour. lol

Bad enough she is Blackfeet indian we gotta live in the pioneer days.
:lol:
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

jgarvas wrote:
I seem to recall "Hey Y'all come over here'n watch this" as causing similar discussions :lol:

I first heard about the forums at the original OFCC's site, which I'd already spent too much time on. It being a good place to gather information to help me be a PITA to all the politicians concerning CCW passage, just figured I'd check it out, signed up along with the other couple already there and sat back and enjoyed the reading. Never thought I'd end up reading all 26,000 posts though :shock:

BTW, Thanks Jeff, great job even if I don't ever sleep anymore :P
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Jronjakoh wrote: Bad enough she is Blackfeet indian we gotta live in the pioneer days.
:lol:
How did you get an Idaho Indian Princess to move to Ohio?
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

tjeffries wrote:"Hey Y'all come over here'n watch this"
You'd be surprised how often those are a Redneck's last words... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.