First time firing my XD SC 40, and other random ramblings

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dan dan the XD40 man

First time firing my XD SC 40, and other random ramblings

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Was only able to send 109 rounds downrange, but damn did it shoot well. Very comfortable, not one single problem. The longer clip that came with it actually felt clumbsier than the standard short clips. My only complaint is how hard those magazines are to load, I'll be looking for a speedloader of some sort before my next outing.

I also shot my wifes Taurus PT908 (9mm) which gave us alot of failure to ejects and jamming the first time we took it out. At least 2-3 problems with every 8 shot magazine. The first outing, after about 50 rounds, it was doing much better. I dint know whether to attribute this to "break in", or just the gun heating up or something. This time, I only put 60 rounds through it, and had 1 jam up.

While we were there I shot my buddys Springfield V-16 Ported Longslide, that thing shot like a dream as well, I was able to hold a very tight pattern with it and it had less recoil than I expected.

A guy in the next stall over caught me admiring his Beretta Storm and let me put 15 rounds through it. I may have to add one of these to my wish list :D
Poop!