CCW Classes in Akron

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DOC

CCW Classes in Akron

Post by DOC »

Where did you take your CCW Classes in the Akron area? What were the day(s) and times of the classes?
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Wadsworth. They take place on a weekend. Sat. 8am to 6pm. Sun range time depends on sign up time.

Roger Polk: 330-335-9205
Guns don't kill people, husbands that come home early do!
Proud OFCC Member
Proud USCCA Member
Proud NRA member
Proud American!
Sticks and stones may break my bones but Sabalo's beatings excite me!
Timmy44221

Post by Timmy44221 »

You could also check out The Riverside Range/ Pro Armament in Cuyahoga Falls. I know they offer classes. They are good people there, I am usualy there at least once a week.
George B Lytton

Post by George B Lytton »

The Gun Shoppe in Coventry 3333 Manchester Rd.
Akron 44319 330-644-8797 Talk to Bill
They offer CCW classes good people I got my CCW from when at theDeer Hunter.
Geo.
There are three types of people in the world; the sheep, the wolves and the sheepdogs.

The sheepdog doesn't go out hunting for the wolves - he simply protects his flock when the wolves come calling.
Hask12

Post by Hask12 »

The Wadsworth class mentioned above is only $39.
jobu72
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by jobu72 »

Took mine at Alliance Maritime and Safety. I know it isn't really Akron area, but it was relatively inexpensive compared to some in Akron and Cleveland Area. It was $60 for the course and like $20 for the range (in Canton). The instructor was great, very well educated in course and experience. Plus they offer two day courses, such as class time on Saturday and live fire on Sunday. Actually took mine on a Tuesday and Wednesday though.

Definitely worth the drive down there. He says when class sizes are small, as was mine, he uses the extra live fire time to go through extra training and scenarios. I would recommend anyone to take with him.

Actually found them from the OhioCCW listings.
Cyclimus

Post by Cyclimus »

I second Timmy's recommendation for Riverside Range. I shoot there quiet often and took my CCW class there. It's pricier than others but I think it went more in-depth than others as well. (These classes are almost always full, so I'd be on the spot about getting in if you choose Riverside.
Give me liberty or give me death.
Hask12

Post by Hask12 »

Cyclimus, How can you make a comment like that, without having attended any of the other classes? If you want quality without a lot of expense, the Wadsworth class, in my opinion is the place to go. But that's up to the individual to decide for himself.
Timmy44221

Post by Timmy44221 »

I did not use the riverside range for my class, but I know the guys there. They are very knowledgeable and helpfull.

I am not sayign a cheaper class would not be, but I can gurentee you will ahve a great learning experiance at the Riverside Range.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Wife and I took ours through a fellow by the name of Albert Wohlwend over in Navarre. Very laid back guy. Has range on site. If asked, will even bring out a variety of handguns to let students try them out.

His website is www.ohconcealedcarry.com. He's the fellow you hear advertising in the mornings on 640 AM over in Akron.

Joseph
DOC

Post by DOC »

Any one take there class with Walton & Associate?
DOC

Post by DOC »

Guess no one has taken there ccw class at Walton & Associate?
mfriend

Post by mfriend »

DOC wrote:Guess no one has taken there ccw class at Walton & Associate?
Hi Doc:

I haven't taken my class yet with Walton & Associates, but I am signed up to take the class on June 28th/29th.

I've Talked with Pam at Walton on the phone and through some emails: they seem to be very nice and I'm looking forward to it. (Plus $75.00 includes the ammo, range time and class!).

There is a post in the Training offered section for a couple of folks that attended already: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=20229

I've also signed up with "Commence FIRE" for their advanced Handgun 1 course. In addition to more range time, I wanted more hands on advanced handgun training.

I can let you know how the Walton CCW course goes after I attend on June 28/29th if you are still interested.

Matthew
DOC

Post by DOC »

Hi Matthew thanks for the reply. I also have been talking awith Pam on phone and email the last 5-6 weeks and she does seem to be very nice. I was wanted to take the class last month but could not. I will be there on June 28/29 and look forward to the class.
Would like some more info. on the "Commence FIRE" for their advanced Handgun 1 course.
mfriend

Post by mfriend »

DOC wrote:Hi Matthew thanks for the reply. I also have been talking awith Pam on phone and email the last 5-6 weeks and she does seem to be very nice. I was wanted to take the class last month but could not. I will be there on June 28/29 and look forward to the class.
Would like some more info. on the "Commence FIRE" for their advanced Handgun 1 course.
Hi Doc:

I'll see you there next weekend! For more information on the Advanced Handgun course at 'Commence Fire' go to: http://www.commencefire.com/descrip.htm and scroll down.
A couple of the guys from this forum went to the Adv. Course this weekend (link: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=20559).

Matthew