CUT UP CITIBANK CARDS! Citi refuses CDNN & firearms sale

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

CUT UP CITIBANK CARDS! Citi refuses CDNN & firearms sale

Post by evan price »

CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).

Time for another Zumbo Alert, folks.

Wells-Fargo pulled the same crap with Vance's which is why they stopped the 6-months-same-as-cash deal.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

Link, please.
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Can we say "Back Door Gun Control"? I wonder if the Anti Gun folk have gotten to management with their falsehoods?
standerson

Post by standerson »

Thanks for the info.

This is popping up on different websites. I was just on cdnninvestments.com and there is nothing on their web site about it, yet.

I'd like to see their comments on this before I start cancelling cards.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
cptmack

Post by cptmack »

From their letter - "We at Cit Merchant Service are unable to monitor or track adherence to these Gun Control Laws."

When did Citi get into law enforcement? Since when is it their job to monitor or track adherence to laws?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

In the letter it appears that CTI has gotten some bad info concerning the sale of guns? They are missing the FFL dealer that gets in the chain of events after each CNN sale.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Cruiser:

My (IANAL) take on this is that Citi is afraid that the FFL's involved won't do their jobs, and Citi will be on the deep pockets list when sued, or when Bloomie gets to that....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

I just spoke with Mr. Tenenbaum who says that he is NOT Ms. Rivera-Mantilla's supervisor. However, he took my email address because the company is going to release a statement either today or tomorrow to "the site that put this out there". I informed him that this is all over the web right now and he assured me that I would personally get a copy of the release. When/if I do, I will certainly post here.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
cptmack

Post by cptmack »

Cruiser wrote:In the letter it appears that CTI has gotten some bad info concerning the sale of guns? They are missing the FFL dealer that gets in the chain of events after each CNN sale.
I couldn't agree more. The guns are actually transferred to a FFL, who then sells the gun to a resident of the state. All perfectly legal. And, some non-residents can buy guns from out-of-(their)state dealers. Active duty military can buy guns (including handguns) in the state in which they are stationed, even if they are a resident of another state. Without looking it up, I seem to recall that long guns can be purchased in neighboring states. Yep - bad information, but they won't care.

I am kind of wondering if there is more to it than this. I believe a few years ago some attorney generals were threatening credit card issuers with some kind of charges because their credit cards were being used to fund "illegal" internet gambling. Wonder where the pressure to do this is coming from.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

cptmack wrote: I am kind of wondering if there is more to it than this. I believe a few years ago some attorney generals were threatening credit card issuers with some kind of charges because their credit cards were being used to fund "illegal" internet gambling. Wonder where the pressure to do this is coming from.
I wonder, as well. That was my primary discussion point when I called Mr. Tenenbaum. However, I didn't get very far before he told me there would be a statement forthcoming.
Chris

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
Tither

Post by Tither »

Well! Between Bloomburg and CTI, I guess we can NOW safely get rid of the BATFE.

They both Apparently do not trust their government, and or think that the BATF is doing their job correctly and that the BATF Apparently needs their help in oversight! :lol:
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

By the way, Ms. Rivera-Mantilla's voicemail box is full. :lol:
Chris

phirehawk

Post by phirehawk »

I would skip this month's Citi bill in protest, but I don't think it would do any good.
- Todd
makdaddy

Post by makdaddy »

That letter from Citibank is a load of [deleted -- TR]. FFL to FFL across state lines is legal, selling online is legal if seller either has an FFL or ships through an FFL, buying online is legal if buyer has an FFL or has firearm shipped to an FFL. Where do these idiots come up with this crap??
If waterboarding was a sexual preference, it would be taught in public schools.