Is this a CPZ? (BP Connect-Polaris Pkwy)

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Dr. Winston wrote:sure some dumb head may have 'arrested' someone at WallMart and yada yada, but if he's got a decent attorney he will WIN the case cause that is a misinterpretation of the law!
This wan NOT Class D related. I only mentioned it because we are still on the same issue. The Wal Mart Case my still be "flying around" and promoting false legal issues.
jeffkirchner
Deceased
Deceased

Post by jeffkirchner »

Dr. Winston wrote:...If the drinks are not 'served, dispensed, consumed etc' ON THE PREMISES, then it is NOT a felony to carry there...
Nor is it even a misdemeanor. It's not a crime.
The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Attorney General handbook (page 15) states:
Premises that dispense liquor. Concealed firearms are also banned in a room or arena in which liquor is dispensed for which a class D permit has been issued. A class D permit is generally issued to an establishment that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises. Be certain of the type of permit and whether liquor is being dispensed before you enter with a concealed handgun.

I agree with Dr. as to what the handbook says. And I'm sure that if someone relied (good faith) on the handbook, a conviction would be tough.

I personally agree with you (Dr. and others) that the handbook implies where liquor is served by the glass. But when you read the law it appears to say otherwise. Or is quite confusing. Or better yet, misleading.

In court the law will be argued, not the handbook. The handbook (page 6) states:
As required by Ohio law, this publication broadly discusses several
different areas of firearms law. This is neither a formal nor informal opinion of Attorney General Marc Dann; rather, it is a summary of prevailing firearms and self-defense laws and may be updated without notice. It is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a lawyer or for common sense. This publication is informational in nature and cannot cover all possible scenarios regarding carrying of concealed handguns. For the most recent edition covering the most current law, consult the Attorney General’s web site at:
Marc Dann in the introduction says don't trust what I say.

So what does a CCL holder do?

My statement was based on the way I read the law, not the handbook.

I will try to hold my tung as it relates to this subject when it raises its ugly head again.
jeffkirchner
Deceased
Deceased

Post by jeffkirchner »

Section 2923.121 of the Ohio Revised Code wrote:(A) No person shall possess a firearm in any room in which liquor is being dispensed in premises for which a D permit has been issued under Chapter 4303. of the Revised Code or in an open air arena for which a permit of that nature has been issued.
The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.