Shooting Ranges and Dealer information.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

McM

Post by McM »

I really want this thread to work, I think it will be a valuable resource.

To that end, instead of 9 different Cleveland /Columbus/Akron/Cincinnati threads scattered through the entire thread, maybe OMT or another mod can update the list weekly with a brief description sorted in some way then delete the posts beneath it.

Without some sorting we will not be able to find the pertinent info w/o reading the entire thread. Speaking for myself, if the info is too hard to find I will look elsewhere rather than pour through pages of posts. One thing I do ask, please do not sort by zip code. If I'm going across state I have no clue what the zip codes are in the Cleveland area. Zip code sorting is easier to code, but the reader might know he is going to Cleveland or Youngstown, but not zip code 441XX.
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

One thing that might work is if posters would put the name and area in bold. That way you could scan the thread and pick the ranges or area you're interested in
with just a quick glance as you scroll through.
Also putting the area in the thread title might help too..
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
acbrian1

Shooting Range

Post by acbrian1 »

Great Range in Niles,Oh . Close to Youngstown and Warren
Western Reserve Fish and Game club

http://www.wrfga.com
Brian
Commence Fire

Post by Commence Fire »

For an FFL in the CLEVELAND AREA (Independence) I swear by www.LEOSSGUNS.com ran by J.T. Kurtz.

Take care and stay safe!
Practice, Practice, Practice! Your Life May Depend On it!
www.commencefire.com
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Commence Fire wrote:For an FFL in the CLEVELAND AREA (Independence) I swear by www.LEOSSGUNS.com ran by J.T. Kurtz.

Take care and stay safe!
When my regular FFL accidentally let his license lapse, I made a purchase through LEOSS. I had a good experience with him and would gladly recommend him to others.
andiamo

Post by andiamo »

B&T's shop in Middleburgh is staffed by 2 great guys Jerry is a walking enclyclopedia on guns....and Rich is one heck of a good gunsmith...especially with Glock's and Sig's. They both treat all customers with respect and politeness....The Lorain store has the range...while it is true the range is small (6 lanes), I never had to wait for a lane. Dave and Doyle are geat guys to visit with...Dave can just plain out shoot....and Doyle is as nice as they come.....The B&T store in Mentor is smaller, But size doesn't matter when it comes to knowledge and customer service thanks to Jimmy....Mike and Nancy, owners of B&T, know a good thing when they see it...staffing their business with good quality merchandise...and excellant employees. A big contrast from that dump "The Gun Shop" in Parma Heights...last itme I was there the place was filthy and they treated you like they didn't want you there....probably why they're shutdown now.
You can keep Stonewall and their "Gangbanger Customers"...I live closer to Stonewall than any of the B&T's...and I wouldn't go there on a bet.
ci vici pacem para bellum
standerson

Post by standerson »

I buy most of my firearms from a dealer in Florida, SCPFIREARMS.COM. Bought several handguns and rifles from him. Excellent prices and excellent service.

I use Lauhorners in Springfield as my FFL. $15.00 for a transfer. I've also bought a TRP and shotty off of them. Very knowledgable.

There is a dealer in Beavercreek that I'm going to get my next handgun from. Gessner Firearms.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Maybe we should refrain from bad-mouthing ANY of our gunshop/ranges; there aren't that many in existence in n.e. Ohio. And I haven't seen many church-ladies at the ones I've been to lately.
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Visited Sportsmans Den in Shelby, Ohio today to purchase an advertised revolver. I was struck by the friendly, knowledgeable staff. It was about 75 miles from me but I got what I went for and found the store to have good prices and good people working there. Well worth the visit.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wright1

Post by wright1 »

I had a very good experience at Kame's in Canton;purchased 3 handguns and some ammo.Nice selection,good prices,Steve behind the counter was very polite,helpful and knowledgable.I'll be going back in a few weeks to purchase a few long guns.
DF_Fan

Post by DF_Fan »

For the Dayton area, Vandalia Range and Armory is my pick. Nice, modern range and very friendly staff. Here is their site, www.vra-ohio.com.
benny429

Post by benny429 »

The Logan County Fish & Game, just north of Bellefontaine on US RT 68, has 15,25,50,100 & 200 yard berms with covered benches.

It was $25 to join last year.
Jerry B.

Post by Jerry B. »

Commence Fire wrote:For an FFL in the CLEVELAND AREA (Independence) I swear by www.LEOSSGUNS.com ran by J.T. Kurtz.

Take care and stay safe!
I second that one. I just purchased a new Glock 19, holster, and 2 gun safes off of JT and he got the whole thing done in 2 days and was very competitive on price being that I had several quotes sent to me to compare. I definately will be seeing JT in the future for my gun purchases. JT is a straight up guy, delivers when he promises delivery and he does not rake you through the coals when it comes to price.

Also guys, I highly recommend commence fire (www.commencefire.com) if you are going to take the CCW program. Keith and his wife run a very professional, informative, and fun course. Keith is a cleveland police sgt., Coast guard vet. & certified firearm instructor that was involved in a deadly force encounter and is very knowledable. He answered every single question the class had and injected his law enforcement experience whenever it was appropiate and related to the subject. Their classroom is clean and spotless, they have many gun accessories (safes, holsters, etc) right there on the premises, they provide you with a lunch (Keith and Cindy provided sheet pizzas for the whole class for lunch and have plenty of water, soda and snacks there also) Keith and his instructors run a very tight ship on the gun range when it comes to safety and are not hesitant at all to correct you when you are not handling your firearm properly. His assistants all have law enforcement and/or military backgrounds. They are definatley not just interested in pushing you through and collecting your money. They give 110 % and make sure they do everything in their power to make sure you know the law and don't screw up once you have your permit and get out on the streets. I just got my CCW this week (finished the class December 9th) and plan on taking their advanced gun course in the summer.

Keith is out at the Medina gun shows ( he has his own booth ) and he is always willing to answer any CCW or law enforcement questions you might have. I highly recommend commence fire for your CCW permit and Leoss for your gun purchases.
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Jerry B. wrote:

Take care and stay safe!
I second that one. I just purchased a new Glock 19, holster, and 2 gun safes off of JT and he got the whole thing done in 2 days and was very competitive on price being that I had several quotes sent to me to compare. I definately will be seeing JT in the future for my gun purchases. JT is a straight up guy, delivers when he promises delivery and he does not rake you through the coals when it comes to price.

Also guys, I highly recommend commence fire (www.commencefire.com) if you are going to take the CCW program. Keith and his wife run a very professional, informative, and fun course. Keith is a cleveland police sgt., Coast guard vet. & certified firearm instructor that was involved in a deadly force encounter and is very knowledable. He answered every single question the class had and injected his law enforcement experience whenever it was appropiate and related to the subject. Their classroom is clean and spotless, they have many gun accessories (safes, holsters, etc) right there on the premises, they provide you with a lunch (Keith and Cindy provided sheet pizzas for the whole class for lunch and have plenty of water, soda and snacks there also) Keith and his instructors run a very tight ship on the gun range when it comes to safety and are not hesitant at all to correct you when you are not handling your firearm properly. His assistants all have law enforcement and/or military backgrounds. They are definatley not just interested in pushing you through and collecting your money. They give 110 % and make sure they do everything in their power to make sure you know the law and don't screw up once you have your permit and get out on the streets. I just got my CCW this week (finished the class December 9th) and plan on taking their advanced gun course in the summer.

Keith is out at the Medina gun shows ( he has his own booth ) and he is always willing to answer any CCW or law enforcement questions you might have. I highly recommend commence fire for your CCW permit and Leoss for your gun purchases.
x2 on Keith and his crew. I took my class there, and a year later, sent my wife and 2 of my friends his way.

I want to take one of his advanced classes but dont want to go by myself.
Poop!
Beekeeper

Post by Beekeeper »

Olde English Outfitters in Tipp City has a good selection of handguns, rifles, and shotguns. The staff has always been friendly and helpful.
Olde English
When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour.
.George Washington