OFCC at Dayton Bill Goodman Gun/Knife Show - Feb 24-25

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

We signed up more people than I expected to. Probably double what we did last time. We also had a lot of generous people (members and non-members) donate money.

That's a very nice side-benefit while we're there and we certainly won't be turning down donations to help fight for our rights... but mainly we're there as a service to the gun community to bring awareness to issues, introduce our group, and answer questions. That's why we timed the last table right before the elections and this table right before HB347 goes into effect. As you can imagine, a LOT of people had questions about 347.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

MeanStreaker wrote:We signed up more people than I expected to. Probably double what we did last time.
I'll go out on a ledge here an put some hard numbers out there... :)

During my four-hour time slot (Saturday morning), we had at least six new members and/or renewals. Better yet, most of them were unsolicited. We spent time talking about HB 347, explaining the ODNR letter-writing drive, discussing restaurant carry, and other more general topics... and most folks just asked "how do we sign up?"

It was good to see...

I do know that we could use more people at a show that busy. There were times that all three of us were talking to people, and there were still more who walked away because we couldn't get to them fast enough. Of course, we gun people tend to be a bit long-winded. :)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
squirreld

Post by squirreld »

jabeatty wrote:I do know that we could use more people at a show that busy. There were times that all three of us were talking to people, and there were still more who walked away because we couldn't get to them fast enough. Of course, we gun people tend to be a bit long-winded. :)
Crap,
I wanted to show up and help.
had a prior appt. in toledo thou.

all great news thou!