Fairfield Ohio,Butler County

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AmericanGunner

Fairfield Ohio,Butler County

Post by AmericanGunner »

I was stopped today for a traffic violation in Fairfield Ohio, IMO the stop went very well the officer approached my vehicle from the drivers side and I immediately disclosed that I was a Ohio concealed carry permit holder and that I was also armed he asked for my license and CC permit, he handed my permit back to me and returned to his patrol car to write my citation.

When he return he handed me my citation and said thank you for disclosing the fact I was armed and a permit holder the officer was very polite about the whole situation, over all the stop went very well.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: Fairfield Ohio,Butler County

Post by Petrovich »

AmericanGunner wrote:I was stopped today for a traffic violation in Fairfield Ohio, IMO the stop went very well the officer approached my vehicle from the drivers side and I immediately disclosed that I was a Ohio concealed carry permit holder and that I was also armed he asked for my license and CC permit, he handed my permit back to me and returned to his patrol car to write my citation.

When he return he handed me my citation and said thank you for disclosing the fact I was armed and a permit holder the officer was very polite about the whole situation, over all the stop went very well.
Except now yer down about a hundred bucks?? :D
AmericanGunner

Re: Fairfield Ohio,Butler County

Post by AmericanGunner »

Petrofergov wrote:
AmericanGunner wrote:I was stopped today for a traffic violation in Fairfield Ohio, IMO the stop went very well the officer approached my vehicle from the drivers side and I immediately disclosed that I was a Ohio concealed carry permit holder and that I was also armed he asked for my license and CC permit, he handed my permit back to me and returned to his patrol car to write my citation.

Except now yer down about a hundred bucks?? :D
Not sure yet I am going to call tomorrow and see how much the pay out will be, but $100.00 sounds about right :(
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

How were you carrying in the car? Just curious.

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

CincinnastyKid wrote:How were you carrying in the car? Just curious.

-Kid
Fobus padle holster on my right side in plain sight.
marinecorpsmike

Post by marinecorpsmike »

I deal with the Fairfield police on a regular basis in my law practice so I'm not surprised that you had a pleasant encounter with them as you described. Like all large departments, however, not all of the officers are fan friendly but it seems that the majority are. Just another positive note for all local CCW holders, I will be taking the Fairfield Court's municipal judge and her husband to my club's rifle range in the next few days for some instruction and practice. The judge's husband is a recent CCW permit holder and wants to become more proficient with his pistol. I gladly volunteered, as I would with any one who had a similar request but am happy to say that the judge is coming along also.
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

AmericanGunner wrote:
CincinnastyKid wrote:How were you carrying in the car? Just curious.

-Kid
Fobus padle holster on my right side in plain sight.
Cool. I carry on my right side as well in what I believe is plain sight. Nothing really obstructs it (maybe the seat belt a little) and it can be seen from inside the car and by the passenger in the front. My console sits up higher and from the passenger window you couldn't see the firearm, nor can you from the drivers side window. It is in plain sight as I see it, "open carry" in my car not intentionally trying to cover it up. When I have my .380 on me it's very small and hard to tell it's a firearm in general.

I can't wait til the law is revised.

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
Ken6PPC

Post by Ken6PPC »

marinecorpsmike wrote:SNIP
Just another positive note for all local CCW holders, I will be taking the Fairfield Court's municipal judge and her husband to my club's rifle range in the next few days for some instruction and practice.
SNIP
Would that range be FSA, MSA, or BCSA? I belong to all three myself. I bet we have met at some time or another.

Oh, wait a minute - You said RIFLE range - I guess that eliminates FSA! :cry:

Congrats for helping to instruct people who we really NEED to understand! ...Ken
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

marinecorpsmike wrote:I deal with the Fairfield police on a regular basis in my law practice so I'm not surprised that you had a pleasant encounter with them as you described. Like all large departments, however, not all of the officers are fan friendly but it seems that the majority are. Just another positive note for all local CCW holders, I will be taking the Fairfield Court's municipal judge and her husband to my club's rifle range in the next few days for some instruction and practice. The judge's husband is a recent CCW permit holder and wants to become more proficient with his pistol. I gladly volunteered, as I would with any one who had a similar request but am happy to say that the judge is coming along also.
With hind sight being 20/20 I am not surprised my stop went well in Fairfield, to be honest I was nervous at the beginning of the stop (obvious reasons) over all I think most LE's are just fine with CC like Mike has stated and IMO the ones who are not should be viewed with a suspicious eye.

Any way... I am going to take a guess and say Mike is a member of the Butler County Sportsman's that is the only club I am aware of with a rifle range.
marinecorpsmike

Sorry Ken, I didn't see your message until now. I am a member of Butler County Sportsmen's Club. Shoot mostly smallbore and highpower rifle, but a little pistol also. I used to shoot in the highpower matches at Fairfield Sportsmens Club but gave it up a couple years ago to concentrate on smalbore. If you hang around BCSC I'm sure we have met at one time or another.
Ken6PPC

Post by Ken6PPC »

Mike, I bought a Model 54 Anchutz from Jim T. several years back, and I believe you and I have shared BCS's small bore range a few times. (You beat me like a rented mule!)

See you out there! ...Ken
marinecorpsmike

Ken, if you bought an Anschutz from Jim, it most probably is an excellent shooter because he always sells the ones that could win Camp Perry. Why aren't you still shooting smallbore with us? We try to be nice guys!
Ken6PPC

Post by Ken6PPC »

Mike, I got into centerfire BR shooting big time, and I didn't have time for anything else. Since they closed the rifle range at FSA, my BR shooting has gone downhill. While I was selling everything to support my BR buying frenzy, I sold the Anschultz, I'm sorry to say. I might pick up another one someday, and try smallbore again.

See ya at the range! ...Ken