Trump Nominates 3 conservative judges for the 9th Circuit

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Trump Nominates 3 conservative judges for the 9th Circuit

Post by Bruenor »

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall when Feinstein and Harris received this message. I guess your actions during a confirmation hearing have consequences too..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... th-circuit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
President Trump is plowing ahead to fill three vacancies on the liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, brushing aside Democratic resistance to nominate conservative judges.

Presidents traditionally work with senators from judicial nominees' home state -- in this case, California -- to put forward judicial picks. They often seek what's known as a "blue slip," or an opinion from those senators.

But in a snub to California Democratic Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris, the White House announced Wednesday that Trump had nominated Patrick Bumatay, Daniel Collins and Kenneth Kiyul Lee (all from the Golden State, and reportedly all members of the conservative Federalist Society) to the influential circuit.
Feinstein and Harris reacted angrily to the news of the latest appointments.
“I repeatedly told the White House I wanted to reach an agreement on a package of 9th Circuit nominees, but last night the White House moved forward without consulting me, picking controversial candidates from its initial list and another individual with no judicial experience who had not previously been suggested,” she said in a statement.
Not as familiar with the process of confirming justices on the court of appeals, who votes on these ?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Trump Nominates 3 conservative judges for the 9th Circui

Post by sodbuster95 »

Good. I hope he hurt their feelings and sent them to cry it out in a safe space.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Bruenor wrote:Not as familiar with the process of confirming justices on the court of appeals, who votes on these ?
Per the Constitution, Supreme Court justices, court of appeals judges, and district court judges are all nominated by the President and confirmed by the US Senate.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

The expect him to treat them with respect after what they pulled with Kavanaugh. Actions have consequences as well as elections.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

After what the Dem's did to Kavanaugh I hope Trrump will "pack the courts". The 9th in particularly.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Frankly, ANYTHING that ruffles the feathers of Feinstein and her ilk is a big plus in my book.

IMHO - the 9th Circuit Court has been the stench hovering over the septic tank that is the left (west) coast for decades.

Note: I had to clean up what I really wanted to say.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.