Sherrod Brown (D/NRA F) v Jim Renacci (R/ NRA A) losing

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Sherrod Brown (D/NRA F) v Jim Renacci (R/ NRA A) losing

Post by techmike »

Same here - papers have been wrong before. :)
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

catfish86 wrote:So the papers have Republicans losing...I'll show up and vote anyway...
Here's my conspiracy theory on that..

The 'fake news' media reports the polls that shows Dems up anywhere they can.. This way when cheating brings the desired results it 'LOOKS' like the poll was right on target. :roll:

I too will get my vote on before the day is done.. Before close of business anyway - It WILL be dark. :D
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I voted for him.

I heard an interesting bit about why polling is unreliable now a days
A lack of landlines and laws preventing autodialing to cell phones were a large part of it.

The REAL poll is today
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
rattlehead

Post by rattlehead »

Aesinsp wrote:
catfish86 wrote:So the papers have Republicans losing...I'll show up and vote anyway...
Here's my conspiracy theory on that..

The 'fake news' media reports the polls that shows Dems up anywhere they can.. This way when cheating brings the desired results it 'LOOKS' like the poll was right on target. :roll:

I too will get my vote on before the day is done.. Before close of business anyway - It WILL be dark. :D
Here's a far less conspiratorial aspect of their behavior - it's human nature to want to back a winning horse. For those whose ideology and decisions are less concretely decided, putting forward an image of a landslide victory can sway last minute decisions. Right or wrong, it works, and that's why the media started the "blue wave" mantra several months ago (to put the image in those heads), it's why they've consistently made sure their polls show Dem victories, and it's why CNN will start the "it looks like a Dem victory" in every race (until it's proven otherwise) as soon as the polls close on the East coast to have an effect on the West. It serves as a peer-pressure-by-proxy "everyone else is doing it/what do you mean you voted for [candidate], are you crazy?" on the national level.

It's also why (nationally) it's far more popular to be a Pats fan than a Browns fan.

I don't doubt that they (try) to cheat, but they don't have to for polls to drive public opinion and make them a viable pre-election persuasion tactic.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Interesting other points of view..
When I got to our voting location a worker announced that 50% of voters registered here had shown up by 6 PM(ish). Quite the turnout.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe