"Vehicle Inspection" (really, OVI) Checkpoint in N. KY.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

"Vehicle Inspection" (really, OVI) Checkpoint in N. KY.

Post by Brian D. »

This is in Covington Ky. tonight, right near a busy night life neighborhood. Last time they did this, they directed vehicles into the IRS Building parking lot. So, let's say I roll through, sober, and if they point me to the IRS lot, gov'mint property, I let them turn me into a federal felon, because I have a loaded gun on my hip?

I'm thinking about being a thorn in their side tonight, just because. Kentucky had just about quit doing these for a decade, because Louisville or Lexington lost a BIG lawsuit related to how the roadblocks were being conducted.

Others on this forum reported checkpoints in Ohio where the police had people pulling onto school property for the questioning or whatever. Again, making licensees possibly commit a felony.

It's crap.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: "Vehicle Inspection" (really, OVI) Checkpoint in N. KY.

Post by WhyNot »

I wonder if their ''success' ratios are similar to Ohio's?

That being, pull over 600, catch two. Maybe possibly full-moon-at-noon, four.

:P
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'll keep an ear peeled to find out how their roadblock worked out. Found out that Representative Thomas Massie was scheduled to show up in the neighborhood at some point last night. Nothing to do with this Kabuki theater police checkpoint, in fact I'd imagine Massie would be pretty upset if his vehicle got caught up in the dragnet and it made him late to his engagement. He's no fan of a "big brother" government, at any level.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Brian:

IMHO and IANAL, following the orders of a LEO would likely shield you from prosecution for pulling onto a Felony property as long as the Judge and Prosecutor are reasonably desirable people. They don't want to be made to look foolish when the Media pick up on the "reason" for the offense.

What happened to "intent" when considering charges like this? I blame Zero for all this foolishness.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Or just come to a complete stop and tell them that you will NOT pull in there because the law expressly forbids it and as them where they would like you to pull over instead.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.