Professor cries out to POTUS to take over Chicago

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Professor cries out to POTUS to take over Chicago

Post by bignflnut »

Something is terribly wrong when, in the most moral nation on earth, its third-largest city is ruled by gangs with a crime rate that is 35 percent higher than the national average.

Wannabe-commandos terrorize neighborhoods, challenging not only local authorities but the very authority you exercise as president of this great nation. The potency of your own presidency is ridiculed when thugs and barbaric criminals take it upon themselves to establish lawless fiefdoms, usurping the law and order on which this republic was built and upon which its continued existence depends, as they kill innocent lives.

I implore you to use your powers to suspend the dated Posse Comitatus Act, which unfairly limits your ability to use domestic militarization to respond to crises, and send in the resources necessary to stem the violence overrunning Chicago.
The State, for all of it's might, cannot keep the citizenry safe. (Appealing to the vanity of the potency of the office is an amusing ploy, though.)
How many gun laws are there in Chicago? How many homicide laws? How many public safety laws? None of it is having its intended benefit. State power is not the solution that fixes human nature and the Adamic Fall. Civil government is not a suitable replacement for family government.

Power to the People, not over them.
Our city is under siege. It is bleeding to death by thousands of tiny scratches. In this age of nihilism, the American Dream is being executed day by day by the genocidal warfare against black and brown bodies by other back and brown bodies. When each murdered person dies, the dream dies with it. Since nihilism is the belief in nothing, the erasure of all values and the wanton destruction of all foundations out of which value systems arise, it is inimical to reason and to law and order. One cannot reason with nihilists; one must eradicate the nihilists to protect the victims and inoculate the innocent.

So again, I ask that you use your powers to suspend the dated Posse Comitatus Act, which unfairly limits your ability to use domestic militarization to respond to crises. Posse Comitatus makes no mention of the use of the militia, the National Guard, the Navy or the Marines. You can suspend this law and send in the forces necessary to quiet our streets and restore safety to at-risk neighborhoods.
How can there be this much nihilism in "the most moral nation on Earth"? Woof. The bar is set near the ground.

To overcome the usurpation of the law by thugs, be the POTUS and use your powers to suspend the unfair limits placed on domestic militarization, by the law? We're going to abandon the principles of the law to save the law?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Re: Professor cries out to POTUS to take over Chicago

Post by M-Quigley »

I didn't see it in the opinion, but why doesn't the guy take his concerns to the governor instead of the president?
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Part of me says, "You made your bed, now lie in it." The rest of me screams, "Not just NO! But HELL NO! That would set a horrific precedent that would lead to terrible abuse down the road."
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

WY_Not wrote:Part of me says, "You made your bed, now lie in it." The rest of me screams, "Not just NO! But HELL NO! That would set a horrific precedent that would lead to terrible abuse down the road."
This.. - One actual common sense solution would be for IL/Chicago to allow the citizenry to adequately protect themselves with firearms.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Well, I guess asking for tyranny is just the next logical step after asking to abolish the 2A. :?
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

{inappropriate language} this guy. Academia rarely produces a brain capable of intelligent thought processes beyond the immediate, willfully neglecting the road to come due to choices made and the precedents made with those choices.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Oh my. Yes. The answer is always, ALWAYS, absolutely 100 +10% of the time, more government.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good