Congresscritter says ban guns for officer safety

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Congresscritter says ban guns for officer safety

Post by bignflnut »

Cops are outgunned- is his claim. Here's Tucker Carlson ripping this "logic".
He doesn't say this, but he desires a monopoly on force for government.

Nonetheless, we can give ourselves and our children the chance these victims never had. We can finally act to remove weapons designed for war from our streets, once and for all.

Reinstating the federal assault weapons ban that was in effect from 1994 to 2004 would prohibit manufacture and sales, but it would not affect weapons already possessed. This would leave millions of assault weapons in our communities for decades to come.

Instead, we should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law, and we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons. The ban would not apply to law enforcement agencies or shooting clubs.

There's something new and different about the surviving Parkland high schoolers’ demands. They dismiss the moral equivalence we’ve made for far too long regarding the Second Amendment. I've been guilty of it myself, telling constituents and reporters that “we can protect the Second Amendment and protect lives.”

SNIP

What is it worth to American taxpayers to not see our families, friends and neighbors cut down in a hail of gunfire? Consider this an investment in averting carnage and heartache and loss.

When I think of Jackson, I think of all the others who died with wounds like his. I think about my dad and two brothers who put their lives on the line as law enforcement officers. I think about my 11-month-old son, Nelson, and the safe classrooms I want him to learn in.

America has a deadly problem, a problem other developed nations have avoided or addressed. Some say we’re already too far gone to take corrective action, but we cannot have a defeatist attitude about this. Fixing our problem requires boldness and will be costly, but the cost of letting it fester will be far higher — for our wallets, and for our souls.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
JonasM

Re: Congresscritter says ban guns for officer safety

Post by JonasM »

What an embarrassment.

Slightly paraphrasing:

"Go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or your arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that you were our countryman."

(adapted from Samuel Adams. Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776)
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

ahhh yes. From the artikle. He's the orator er, author...

''Rep. Eric Swalwell, a Democrat from California’s San Francisco Bay area, is ....''

another kite flyer
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I love that part in the interview where he wants to challenge Tucker with the notion that the "law-abiding" will obey the law (2:15-3:00). Tucker doesn't take the bait...but I wish he would have engaged the argument that "law-abiding" people should not and will not obey unjust laws. But cable news segments aren't long enough to dive deep enough into any topic like that.

Make no mistake, "the law" is being used to ensnare people, not bring forth justice in society and everyone will come to the crossroads where they decide whether or not to drop the "law-abiding" label to pick up the "slave" label.

Even now, some say that the average citizen commits THREE felonies a day.
The resulthas been a one-way ratchet effect on crime policy. We're perpetually expanding police and prosecutorial power, a process only occasionally slowed by the courts. Congress and state legislatures rarely take old criminal statutes off the books, but they're always adding new ones. A 2008 report from the Heritage Foundation estimates that at the federal level alone, Congress has been adding about 55 new crimes to the federal criminal code each year since the 1980s. There are now about 4,500 separate federal crimes. And that doesn't include federal regulations, which are increasingly being enforced with criminal, not administrative, penalties. It also doesn't include the increasing leeway with which prosecutors can enforce broadly written federal conspiracy, racketeering, and money laundering laws. And this is before we even get to the states' criminal codes.
I know that it's a common proRKBA stat that CHL holders commit less crime than cops.

Beware the argument that proRKBA is pro law-abiding, as the law is turned against the innocent.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

This Swallwell cat joined an attack on Kyle Kashuv (you know the proRKBA Parkland Valedictorian)

Kashuv Krushed him!

Kyle Kashuv
‏Verified account @KyleKashuv
Replying to @RepSwalwell @davidhogg111 @Leney_3

How does it feel to be the biggest clown in congress whom also doesn't know the limits of the constitutional authority of the President?

What's hilarious, is that you complain about Trump being a fascist yet you're mad when he follows the law? You're silly.
5:38 PM - 28 May 2018

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

This guy...

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/stat ... 8073629697" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;