News organization found out guns are being sold at gun shows

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

News organization found out guns are being sold at gun shows

Post by M-Quigley »

http://fox8.com/2018/02/28/i-team-inves ... -gun-show/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh no, the big secret is out now! You can buy or sell a gun without a background check at a gun show! :roll:
BEREA, Ohio - The FOX 8 I TEAM has found that no background checks are required in gun sales more often than you may realize.

An I TEAM producer saw first-hand earlier this month inside a gun show in Berea.

We found licensed dealers selling guns at tables next to private citizens selling their guns at tables.

Undercover video shows an I TEAM producer buying a small handgun from a private seller. They discuss the price. The seller asks to see the man’s Ohio driver’s license. He glances at it. And with that, the deal is done.
Some people call all of this the gun show loophole, and it concerns Christine Sitzenstock. She has a permit to carry a concealed weapon. She believes private citizens should face the same rules as dealers with licenses. She said, "They should be required to do a background check just like the guy sitting next to them that owns a gun store.” She wonders if the system now actually could help guns get into the wrong hands. She added, "And you`re walking out the door with a firearm. They could be crazy. they could be anything, you know. I don't know. I think it's kind of scary.”
There is so much attention now trying to make sure bad guys don’t get guns. But it comes at a time with a new spotlight on an open secret. Very often, no background check is not a crime.

As for the gun the I TEAM producer purchased, that is being turned over to police.
This one I'm a little confused about.
DeCola believes the system would be better if everyone had to do a background check for every gun sale. But until someone figures out how to do that, DeCola says don’t blame the little guy selling a gun here and there. He added, "It almost isn't fair to me because it does cost me a lot of money to run these checks. If there was a system in place that they could do it. I bet you all the law-abiding Americans would do it.”
When I had an FFL it was before the Brady Bill, but how much real cost is it for an FFL to do the NICS check and the 4473? Particularly if your customer has a CHL?
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: News organization found out guns are being sold at gun s

Post by Javelin Man »

I'm so happy we have Christine Sitzenstock representing us as CHL holders. :lol: Perhaps her cousin, Ernie Dinklefwat who shot a .22 single shot could talk about AR-15's needing to be banned for being too powerful.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: News organization found out guns are being sold at gun s

Post by WhyNot »

...and the I Teem turned the gun over to the poe-lice

And the light is shown on the true :twisted: agenda, ridding all subjects of guns, NOT the purported firearms purchasing alleged ''loophole''

Those same I Teem members probably ask their IRS tax prepper to pay the maximum allowed :o taxes, no ''loopholes'' please
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good