A well reasoned opinion by an anti gunner in the Wash Post

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

A well reasoned opinion by an anti gunner in the Wash Post

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 5fcf0eb694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leah Libresco is a statistician and former newswriter at FiveThirtyEight, a data journalism site. She is the author of "Arriving at Amen."
Before I started researching gun deaths, gun-control policy used to
frustrate me. I wished the National Rifle Association would stop blocking common-sense gun-control reforms such as banning assault weapons, restricting silencers, shrinking magazine sizes and all the other measures that could make guns less deadly.

Then, my colleagues and I at FiveThirtyEight spent three months analyzing all 33,000 lives ended by guns each year in the United States, and I wound up frustrated in a whole new way. We looked at what interventions might have saved those people, and the case for the policies I'd lobbied for crumbled when I examined the evidence.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: A well reasoned opinion by an anti gunner in the Wash Po

Post by kcclark »

The weird part of that article is she said they did a ton of research but she still does not seem to know that "silencers" already have severe restrictions.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

I also notice the Washington Post seems to be sabotaging the article with the videos that are included on the webpage. "Amanda Getchell grew up shooting semi-automatic assault rifles. After surviving the Las Vegas massacre, she wants them banned."
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

kcclark wrote:I also notice the Washington Post seems to be sabotaging the article with the videos that are included on the webpage. "Amanda Getchell grew up shooting semi-automatic assault rifles. After surviving the Las Vegas massacre, she wants them banned."
I noticed that too, not only included it but gave the video top billing on the page. I've never seen the Washington Post ever do that with a written anti gun opinion. :(