anti's capitalize on youth in Town Hall for Our Lives events

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

anti's capitalize on youth in Town Hall for Our Lives events

Post by Bruenor »

looks like the left isn't done using the youth in their crusade.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... s-america/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the Town Hall for Our Lives portion of the Town Hall Project website, 525 “town halls, empty chair town halls, and tele-town halls” are planned over the remainder of the Congressional recess, which ends on April 9.
“The purpose of the town hall is to find out what our representatives plan on doing about gun control and gun violence, and how they plan on keeping us safe,” Ellie Lancaster, a senior at City High said in the School News Network report.

Confirmed #TownHallForOurLives events in the following districts (so far):

FL-22
IL-10
CT-Sen
CT-5
FL-4
IA-1
NY-7
OH-7
OH-16

NY-12
MI-11
MN-2
CA-22
FL-19
OK-4
MN-3
NJ-11
IL-6
FL-21
WA-4
KS-4
ME-2
OH-Sen
OH-12
OH-15

WA-6
NY-11
VA-11
IN-9
TX-14
CO-6
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: anti's capitalize on youth in Town Hall for Our Lives ev

Post by qmti »

Since I'm not on facebook, I see Matt Huffman Dist.12 is having a townhall meeting. Could someone let me know when he is having it. Thanks
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

qmti wrote:Since I'm not on facebook, I see Matt Huffman Dist.12 is having a townhall meeting. Could someone let me know when he is having it. Thanks

A quick check for your District yielded zero info. Some info

Its today April 7th

Looking at this article,

https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/04/03/wh ... -parkland/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .....

Under #1. re; ''...over 120 town halls listed for April 7, all across the country. At this time, 30 Democrats are participating. Ninety Republicans were reportedly sent invitations to host a local town hall, but none accepted. You can...''

It would appear no (R) accepted. It is very evident that only 30 (D) accepting is not by any stretch of the imagination ''all across the country.''

Also a search on one of your local news websites http://www.hometownstations.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as well as duckduckgo.com using search terms ''matt huffman april 7'' , and ''matt huffman town hall'' yields nothing. As does any updates on his facebook page in keeping with what is viewable via a non-facebookie.

So...the article cited DOES say there is a Town Hall in your District, but there is no local source to confirm. The single article I found says no (R) accepted, perhaps there is in fact a T-Hall but Sen. Huffman declined or ''is busy.''

HOWEVER....

Back to http://www.hometownstations.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , there WAS coverage on a Lima Rally in March, whereas the cover photo shows a hooooge mass of persons at a Rally...

http://www.hometownstations.com/story/3 ... -our-lives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article's 1st picture was as if at that Rally. However, the last quote in said article was only 30 people showed. You may want to contact that local news source and advise them that was horribly misleading.

Hope that was helpful :D
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

IMHO A politician of either party would be stupid to attend a special town hall set up by and stacked with members or supporters of a particular advocacy group unless that politician is already supportive of that groups agenda.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Thanks for looking it up, WhyNot.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I watched the Saturday evening news and all channels covered the meetings. The meetings were all packed with anti-gun participants and Democratic legislators. They showed the empty chairs were the Republican legislators were suppose to sit. It would have been fruitless for them to show up because they would have been harassed and shouted down when they would try to speak. It would not have been a fair conversation of view points.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

''I watched the Saturday evening news and all channels covered the meetings. The meetings were...

... not have been a fair conversation of view points.
''

Yes yes and if a Pro-2A group were to do similarly, have a towne hall with the (D) legislators empty chairs, and allll pro-2A questions and participants, the news coverage would label it as rigged, one-sided, and etc.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good