ATF proposes new bump stock rule

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: ATF proposes new bump stock rule

Post by bignflnut »

The city of Denver decided that bump stocks are too dangerous for private citizens to own, despite years of private citizens owning them and absolutely nothing happening before Las Vegas. They passed a law within the city banning the ownership of the devices. They were bound and determined to crack down on such dangerous items.

It seems that their plan worked out well.

No bump stocks have been turned over to Denver authorities after the city banned the accessories used in last year’s mass shooting in Las Vegas that killed 58 people and injured hundreds.

Denver Police police last month invited city residents to turn in any bump stocks in their possession but Denverite reports that none have been handed over.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
William Bonney

Post by William Bonney »

I can't see how they can use the date of the machine gun ban after saying multiple times that it was legal. I don't want to see anything banned period, but if they say it's legal today then it's legal. If they want to ban something it should come after the date the law is changed. That is total bs that they say it's legal for all these years and people buy them legally and suddenly they want to confiscate them. They should be grandfathered or compensated.
"You better stand tall when they're calling you out. Don't bend, don't break, baby don't back down." John BonJovi-It's my Life

"If you want to live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn" Motley Crue-Primal Scream
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

William Bonney wrote:I can't see how they can use the date of the machine gun ban after saying multiple times that it was legal. I don't want to see anything banned period, but if they say it's legal today then it's legal. If they want to ban something it should come after the date the law is changed. That is total bs that they say it's legal for all these years and people buy them legally and suddenly they want to confiscate them. They should be grandfathered or compensated.
I agree right up to the point you said "or compensated". "Mandatory buybacks" are just another name for confiscation.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!