Replacing Failing Gun Organization Leadership (NRA)

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Replacing Failing Gun Organization Leadership (NRA)

Post by bignflnut »

Slaying a sacred Cow...
NRA members, Defenders of the 2nd Amendment it is time we replace high leadership within the NRA.

In the light of recent months, it has become clear that existing NRA leadership, namely that of Wayne Lapierre and Chris Cox has become a threat to rather than an asset to the protection of the 2nd Amendment.

SNIP

Now the NRA has gotten behind the push for “Extreme Risk Protection Order’ claiming;

“We need to stop dangerous people before they act, so Congress should provide funding for states to adopt risk protection orders. This can help prevent violent behavior before it turns into a tragedy. These laws allow a court to intervene and temporarily remove firearms when a person threatens violence to themselves or others”…

So we are trying to do the impossible, protecting nothing, and giving away due process and a presumption of innocent…Why again? For what gain? So people who do not want us to have any rights will back off for a while before whoring out some tragedy that their leftist policy created or exacerbated to take away what is left?
Since when has “Compromise” on our rights ever worked?

Why should we “Compromise” on our unalienable rights? Since when is self-imposed capitulation ever benefited our rights?

We have seen the results of this over the last 120 plus years, those who cannot see it or ignore the results are unfit for leadership.

The Leadership of Wayne and Chris has needlessly exacerbating internal division in the gun rights community/gun-culture. Alienating pro-gun voters, inspiring the more cowardly elements of the GOP to needlessly surrender away the rights of Americans, giving the gun grabbers propaganda and legislative victories. We now have to waste money in court fighting what could have been prevented, money that could be used in other lawsuits or for other candidates in the upcoming primaries/elections.

SNIP

The current tactics of only “holding the line” does not work to repeal infringements and restore our freedoms. You do not win wars (cultural, Info, legal, real) by being defensive. You win with daring, offensive actions and such actions can only happen with competent leadership.

Leadership that does not punish incompetence, betrayal, inaction. Leadership that does not take action in the face of a relentless enemy, that squanders an opportunity, that whores out the cause it claims to champion to line their own pockets while throwing pennies at patriots and candidates is not leadership. A hostile group within our ranks that must be shamed, reformed if possible and replaced if need be.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Replacing Failing Gun Organization Leadership (NRA)

Post by kcclark »

If you have not voted yet for NRA directors, it needs to be in the mail suddenly unless you are forking out for speedy delivery. Also, I have a recommendation: Adam Kraut of PA

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/knox-n ... z55iq9huaE
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Hey! HEY!! They read my ballot!!

From the article...

''To the NRA members who are voting in the current election for board members elect these excellent candidates to the board Adam Kraut, Tim Knight, Duane Liptak, Jr. Support them and advocate on every firearm forum you are on...''

FYI Ballot cut off is April 15th...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

For what it's worth, just this morning I heard our regional representative from the NRA is no longer on the job.
The guy who went before our legislature and said the NRA thinks failure to notify ought to remain a crime in Ohio?
He's gone.
Too bad it didn't happen last year
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

WhyNot wrote: FYI Ballot cut off is April 15th...
The firm counting the ballots has to have it in their hands by the 15th. Postmarked on the 15th is a waste of a stamp.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Chuck wrote: The guy who went before our legislature and said the NRA thinks failure to notify ought to remain a crime in Ohio
With friends like that ....
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

15th being Sunday effectively means Monday :)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

WhyNot wrote:15th being Sunday effectively means Monday :)
When my credit card company says the bill is due on Sunday, Monday does not cut it.

"ANY BALLOT NOT RECEIVED BY APRIL 15, 2018 WILL NOT BE OPENED OR COUNTED"
Could not find anyone claiming the deadline was pushed to the 16th.

Your vote means more than you think due to the fact so few members actually vote. NRA has 5,000,000 members but the biggest vote-getter in 2017, Tom Selleck, received just 110,812 votes.