Write and/or call the WhiteHouse

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Write and/or call the WhiteHouse

Post by AlanM »

This is from the VCDL website.

ACTION ITEM - CONTACT PRESIDENT TRUMP

Our strength is in our numbers and our determination. We need all of you to EMAIL **AND** CALL the President.

-

EMAIL THE PRESIDENT

Email page: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Suggested subject: No more gun control and no more gun-free zones!

Suggested message/talking points:

Dear President Trump,

If America's gun owners wanted more gun control, we would have voted for Hillary. We voted for you because you understood that gun control doesn't work and gun-free zones are dangerous. You also said that concealed handgun permit holders should be able to carry in all 50 states. You were a massive breath of fresh air for America.

Please DO NOT GIVE IN on gun control now! It won't help prevent future shootings and it won't satisfy those who hate guns, until all guns have been confiscated. It does interfere with our right to defend ourselves and to enjoy our freedom.

You are being told, for example, to move the age to own a so-called "assault rifle" to 21 because anyone younger is supposedly too immature. But, interesting, you are NOT being told by those same people to move the age to join the military or to vote to 21 because of that same lack of maturity. BTW, "assault rifle" is a misleading term used by the fake-news media to describe a mid-power rifle that is made to merely look like a military rifle.

Also, bump stocks do NOT make a semi-automatic rifle into a machine gun and they have only been misused in the single incident in Nevada in all the years they have been available. A ban on them would be just another brick in the wall of banning all semi-automatic firearms.

Gun control is about controlling people, not saving lives.

But you have offered a solution to preventing school shootings that will work! Allow teachers and other concealed handgun permit holders to carry in schools, something that has been successful in Utah and other states.

You can make all of us safer by pushing Congress to pass National Concealed Carry Reciprocity.

Please, stand strong against all gun control and protect the critically-important right of Americans to keep and bear arms.

Sincerely.
[YOUR NAME AND YOUR ADDRESS]

-

CALL THE PRESIDENT

Comments line: 202-456-1111

You can keep it short: "No more gun control, it does NOT work. Don't ban bump stocks or raise the age to own a rifle. Get rid of dangerous gun-free zones. Support National Concealed Carry Reciprocity."
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Write and/or call the WhiteHouse

Post by DOA33 »

Done.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

You...you....you.....you mean I actually have to DO something? But...but...I typed on an internet forum, I feel all better now :lol: LoL

Got it
Did it

DONE
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
propertymanager

Post by propertymanager »

I've already emailed the President 3 times, but the real RINO that needs to be called or emailed is Senator Portman. I remember after the Sandy Hook shooting that Portman lost his way and forgot whether he was pro 2A or anti 2A.
Mike
OFCC Member