And I thought Obama was one of a kind

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

And I thought Obama was one of a kind

Post by AlanM »

Dem Rep OK With Only Rich People Having Guns

Another Chicago based Congress Critter of the same ilk as Zero.
WASHINGTON — Illinois Democratic Rep. Danny Davis says it is acceptable for only wealthy individuals having access firearms if a 50 percent federal tax on all guns and ammunition becomes law.

“So if rich people can only get firearms then only rich people would be able to pay the price and if that could prevent some people from getting them, I’d want to prevent all people from getting them,” Davis told The Daily Caller. “But if rich people were willing and would continue to pay the high price, then I’d be happy that we kept the other group from getting them.”

Davis introduced a bill Tuesday called The Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act, which would increase federal excise taxes on shells and cartridges from 11 percent to 50 percent. Additionally, the legislation hikes taxes on pistols and revolvers from 10 percent to 20 percent.

“Well I think the whole idea is to make it a little bit more difficult for individuals who are going to use these weapons if they’re going to use them then at least they could pay more to do so, and it would actually generate money that could be used for you know violence prevention efforts or some other kind of programs or even for trauma treatment,” Davis said.
Thankfully, this will go nowhere, but it will play well with his low information constituents.

BTW - I'm joking in the title of this thread. I fully aware that there are way too many people like Zero in office.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: And I thought Obama was one of a kind

Post by WY_Not »

And that is the saddest part. He is saying that his base is too stupid to be trusted with guns yet they will still vote for him. :evil:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
wls

Post by wls »

How do these idiots get elected......oh wait, it’s Illinois. Now it makes sense.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Chris Rock had a comedy routine once (easily found by searching youtube for chris rock and guns) where he said he was against gun control, that he liked guns, but he advocated (jokingly) that all bullets should cost 5 grand a piece. He then made a series of jokes about what would happen if all bullets cost 5 grand. The difference between this and that is Chris was telling jokes, whereas this politician IS the joke, and not a funny one either. :roll: