FedEx and NRA

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

FedEx and NRA

Post by AlanM »

FedEx stays loyal to the NRA as gun-control pressure builds and boycotts loom
FedEx has not cut ties with the National Rifle Association despite boycott threats and pressure from gun-control activists, nor publicly commented on its continuation of a discount program for members of the gun-rights organization.

More than a dozen companies have cut ties with the NRA following an online boycott campaign.

Celebrities and students at the Florida high school where a gunman killed 17 people earlier this month have spoken out against the company.

FedEx announced on Monday it would continue to offer NRA members discounts, even though it says it does not agree with the association's policies.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: FedEx and NRA

Post by kcclark »

Jeni's Ice Cream founder managed to get an article written in The Columbus Dispatch about how she wants FedEx to quit helping the NRA.
Jeni Britton Bauer is doing more than preaching about great ice cream this week: She’s taking swings at the National Rifle Association.

The founder of Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams posted a short clip on Instagram calling for FedEx, which handles shipping for Jeni’s, to dump its association with the NRA.
http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180227/j ... s-with-nra

I enjoyed that in the comments section a couple people pointed out that her ice cream has put more people in the hospital than the NRA. If you don't get that dark humor, it is referring to her ice cream having listeria problems multiple times.
westsidebestside

Post by westsidebestside »

Curious, are their shops CPZs?
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

kcclark totally agree with your post except for one small detail. You call it dark humor, I call it fact and this may be the first time in my life I can actually say that I wish I were on Facebook and Twitter so I could share my own home brewed opinion with this moron that keeps making people ill.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

westsidebestside wrote:Curious, are their shops CPZs?
Not the one in Chagrin Falls as of last fall.
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

FedEx's decision not to cut ties with the NRA is only so they can continue to make money from them as a costumer. They made it perfectly clear in their statement that they do not support anyone owning AR15's, other than law enforcement, or the military, and they feel there should be stronger back ground checks for people buying firearms.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

djmac1964 wrote:FedEx's decision not to cut ties with the NRA is only so they can continue to make money from them as a costumer.
According to this article, the NRA ships their stuff via UPS.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-uses ... lf-2018-2/
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

kcclark wrote:
djmac1964 wrote:FedEx's decision not to cut ties with the NRA is only so they can continue to make money from them as a costumer.
According to this article, the NRA ships their stuff via UPS.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-uses ... lf-2018-2/
I'm sure there are plenty of vendors who use their NRA memberships to get discounts when shipping FedEx.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852