NRA VISA????

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

m-g willy

NRA VISA????

Post by m-g willy »

Has anyone heard anything about FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF OMAHA refusing to renew their contract with the NRA because of customer feed back?..
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: NRA VISA????

Post by Mustang380gal »

Yeah, I heard that the bank and Enterprise Rent a Car dropped the NRA discounts.

Only going to hurt themselves.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
747tech

Post by 747tech »

Yep. Canceling mine but not before using it to upgrade my NRA membership.
Also had a $330 reservation with enterprise. Cancelled it and pasted the confirmation code for the cancellation and reason on their Facebook page.
Former Navy and ANG
CCW holder/Instructor
NRA Basic pistol instructor
Range Safety Officer
Personal Protection inside and outside the home instructor
Advanced pistol instructor
Defensive pistol instructor
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

747tech wrote:Yep. Canceling mine but not before using it to upgrade my NRA membership.
Also had a $330 reservation with enterprise. Cancelled it and pasted the confirmation code for the cancellation and reason on their Facebook page.
Beautiful...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I had cancelled my Bank of America card years ago when they participated in Obama's "Operation Choke Hold" and had closed some gun shop's credit lines.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Here's a link with a list (so far anyway) :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5814OxEuL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In addition to the current list, the antis apparently are opposed to opposition speech also.
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, founded after 20 first-graders were shot and killed at a school in Connecticut in December 2012, sent letters to Apple Inc, AT&T Inc , Amazon, Alphabet Inc's Google and Roku Inc on Friday, asking them to drop NRATV from their products. None of the companies immediately responded to requests for comment on the letters.
Since Chubb is no longer supporting Carry Guard, what does that mean for it?
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

M-Quigley wrote:Here's a link with a list (so far anyway) :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5814OxEuL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In addition to the current list, the antis apparently are opposed to opposition speech also.
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, founded after 20 first-graders were shot and killed at a school in Connecticut in December 2012, sent letters to Apple Inc, AT&T Inc , Amazon, Alphabet Inc's Google and Roku Inc on Friday, asking them to drop NRATV from their products. None of the companies immediately responded to requests for comment on the letters.
Since Chubb is no longer supporting Carry Guard, what does that mean for it?
I must be living in the back woods. I haven't done business with any of the companies listed so it's no skin off my teeth. But at least I know not to do business with them.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Some real dandy comments in that UK article at bottom!
One takeaway, there's a hashtag thing going on as a pro-NRA backlash. From those comments,

''Maybe so. But today, I joined the NRA. #OurBacklashMatters. Molon labe''
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

I just called and canceled mine. When asked why I explained it was due to their company's statement. She wasn't surprised. I doubt I'm the first call she's had about it this weekend.
mdoerner

Post by mdoerner »

I will cancel mine once the NRA has a new credit card partner. In the meantime, the Credit Card still says NRA on it...should be enough still make a statement.

Mike Doerner
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

How does the NRA make $ on the NRA Visa? If they get a cut on what you charge, maybe you should hold off canceling the card until the contract with the NRA is officially ended.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

I wonder if Amazon Smile will cut ties with NRA? Been using them for all purchases for a few years now.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

kcclark wrote:How does the NRA make $ on the NRA Visa? If they get a cut on what you charge, maybe you should hold off canceling the card until the contract with the NRA is officially ended.
The NRA gets 1% of your purchases. I don't know if that's credited to them monthly, quarterly, or annually. I also don't know if they'll get anything more from this point or not.

Even if you pay your balance in full every month, the issuing bank gets approx. 3% in transaction fees.

So, that bank that has cut ties with the NRA is going to make more money off your purchases than the NRA will. That's why I recommend cancelling the card right now. Send the NRA a small donation instead and they'd probably be ahead of that 1% anyway.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

DontTreadOnMe wrote:
kcclark wrote:How does the NRA make $ on the NRA Visa? If they get a cut on what you charge, maybe you should hold off canceling the card until the contract with the NRA is officially ended.
The NRA gets 1% of your purchases. I don't know if that's credited to them monthly, quarterly, or annually. I also don't know if they'll get anything more from this point or not.

Even if you pay your balance in full every month, the issuing bank gets approx. 3% in transaction fees.

So, that bank that has cut ties with the NRA is going to make more money off your purchases than the NRA will. That's why I recommend cancelling the card right now. Send the NRA a small donation instead and they'd probably be ahead of that 1% anyway.
Wouldn't the NRA have binding contract with these company's?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Just got home last week. Enterprise rental, and some use of a brand new NRA VISA.... Too late to cancel :( .... I got home just after these companies broke with the NRA.

Too bad about Enterprise. They've always treated me well, although once a year is more likely for me. Stupid antique cars (the newest one is 19 years old) tend to break once in a while. Both were not-quite-right before the trip, so a rental was necessary.

(Website promised a Camry. I got a Lincoln MX-series. I like the car, but didn't quite fit in it, and I think it had more buttons, bells, and whistles than the TV Enterprise. Didn't quite get the hang of some of them until about the time I returned the car. Won't be calling them again.)

As to the Credit Card, they'll get a return when/if they're stupid enough to send me a new card without the Eagle on it :D....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם