NRA VISA????

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: NRA VISA????

Post by M-Quigley »

It's not just Enterprise, all the major car companies that had NRA discounts have dropped them.
As far as Enterprise though, they also don't have discounts for AARP or AAA either, while Hertz and I think a couple of the others do.

I'm a little embarrassed to say I didn't even know Enterprise gave an NRA discount. I could've saved a little money a couple of times.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Cruiser wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
kcclark wrote:How does the NRA make $ on the NRA Visa? If they get a cut on what you charge, maybe you should hold off canceling the card until the contract with the NRA is officially ended.
The NRA gets 1% of your purchases. I don't know if that's credited to them monthly, quarterly, or annually. I also don't know if they'll get anything more from this point or not.

Even if you pay your balance in full every month, the issuing bank gets approx. 3% in transaction fees.

So, that bank that has cut ties with the NRA is going to make more money off your purchases than the NRA will. That's why I recommend cancelling the card right now. Send the NRA a small donation instead and they'd probably be ahead of that 1% anyway.
Wouldn't the NRA have binding contract with these company's?
Probably, but in general contracts like this are only worth the paper they are written on. You aren't really exchanging sales and only exchanging a "service fee" type item for using a certain card. For something like this, there may be a cancel any time clause.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Probably, but in general contracts like this are only worth the paper they are written on. You aren't really exchanging sales and only exchanging a "service fee" type item for using a certain card. For something like this, there may be a cancel any time clause.
Same is true of our own personal agreements with credit card companies. According to the contract either party has the right to terminate the agreement at any time, upon notice.

For those who will continue to use the card as a symbol, that's your choice. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I hope you understand that for every purchase you make you're giving money to that bank that opposes your rights.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

SMMAssociates wrote:Too bad about Enterprise. They've always treated me well, although once a year is more likely for me. Stupid antique cars (the newest one is 19 years old) tend to break once in a while. Both were not-quite-right before the trip, so a rental was necessary.

(Website promised a Camry. I got a Lincoln MX-series. I like the car, but didn't quite fit in it, and I think it had more buttons, bells, and whistles than the TV Enterprise. Didn't quite get the hang of some of them until about the time I returned the car. Won't be calling them again.),
There are rental car options that did not exist a few years ago. Might even be someone on your own street who will rent you a car. Turo is sorta like AIRBNB for cars.

https://turo.com/
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Visit this site, read the article, vote in the survey. (curently 94% NO)
https://www.westernjournal.com/nra-boyc ... -together/

In one of the comments a poster said:
CAll either United or DElta Airlines directly, make a reservation for any destination. When it comes time to pay, ask for your NRA "discount" when it is denied, cancel the reservation. If enough of that happens , the big "brass" will get the message.
Happy Hunting.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.