Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

Post by Cruiser »

Watch "60 Minutes" Sunday (Feb. 11) for a piece on the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
shootsome

Post by shootsome »

If the only voices he hears are those from within the leftest echo chamber Mr. Brown will likely take the lead in opposing S446, feeling such opposition is both righteous and popular. If he hears from a lot of us he may be reminded that he's elected by Ohioans to protect the interests of Ohioans, not New Yorkers, and he has an election coming up.

Convincing him concealed carry law are beneficial would be unlikely, but convincing him that electorally he has everything to loose and nothing to gain by opposing this law is an easy argument. I doubt that more that a handful of Ohio Democratic voters will know or care if we can carry in the handful of states we can't already, but large numbers of people would be motivated by a no vote, even more by active opposition.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Cruiser wrote:Watch "60 Minutes" Sunday (Feb. 11) for a piece on the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.
Considering the source of the show, I can just imagine how accurate or unbiased it will be. :(
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

M-Quigley wrote:
Cruiser wrote:Watch "60 Minutes" Sunday (Feb. 11) for a piece on the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.
Considering the source of the show, I can just imagine how accurate or unbiased it will be. :(
It is what it is, and watching tells us what they think. I am not normally a "60 Minutes" viewer.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Sherrod Brown will remain focused like a laser on following the Democratic party line no matter what his mail says. The more constituents he alienates the better. The key to getting rid of that jackwagon is to nominate and elect a good viable candidate.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I forgot to set it to tape, and didn't get home until 7:30 (it was half over) Since I didn't see it on the back half of the show, I assume it was the first half? What did they say?
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Dangit, I was busy watching The Hunt For Red October! I could kick myself. :oops:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

M-Quigley wrote:
I forgot to set it to tape, and didn't get home until 7:30 (it was half over) Since I didn't see it on the back half of the show, I assume it was the first half? What did they say?
A lot of comments from big city Chiefs of Police how dangerous it will be their cities!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Cruiser wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:
A lot of comments from big city Chiefs of Police how dangerous it will be their cities!
I noticed they quoted the Milwaukee police chief, but they didn't approach the county sheriff who is definitely pro gun.

It was fairer than I thought it would be, but I would like to see the editorial cuts.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

schmieg wrote: I noticed they quoted the Milwaukee police chief, but they didn't approach the county sheriff who is definitely pro gun.

It was fairer than I thought it would be, but I would like to see the editorial cuts.
What was fair about it? Did they show any comments at all from LE that weren't anti CCW? I'm sure they could've found somebody if they'd tried at all.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gilly32 »

Here is the link to the full episode of 60 Minutes that has the segment on National Reciprocity...

http://www.cbs.com/shows/60_minutes/vid ... illibrand/
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

What the report missed was that the big city police chiefs are put in place by the city leaders and are not elected officials. Any pro-gun candidates for the position wouldn't even be considered for the job. Unlike sheriffs that are elected by the people. Any big city police chiefs that would even hint to favor the Concealed Carry Reciprocity would soon be replaced.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

WestonDon wrote:Sherrod Brown will remain focused like a laser on following the Democratic party line no matter what his mail says. ...
Charade owes the Dems and wants to keep a low public profile. lest he find public scrutiny:
When Ohio State Treasurer Josh Mandel noted in 2012 that Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) had been accused of abusing his wife, liberals accused Mandel of abusing women by raising the issue.

SNIP

That is how many Democrats really feel about politicians who abuse women. As long as they have a “D” after their names, and vote for abortion, they are almost incapable of abuse.

True, the allegations against Brown came in an ugly divorce, where it is not unknown for warring spouses to make all kinds of claims against each other. And Mandel raised the issue in the context of a tough Senate race, where accusations are always subject to distortion.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Randymp
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Randymp »

Article I found on Bearing Arms refuting Milwaukee Chief of Police Flynn statements.

https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2017/06/ ... -violence/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;