influx of Puerto Ricans in mainland might change election re

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

influx of Puerto Ricans in mainland might change election re

Postby M-Quigley » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Many Puerto Ricans are having to come to the mainland due to the effects of the hurricane, and those Puerto Ricans will be eligible to vote in the next election. Almost all of the refugees are solid Democrats, and may possibly change the political landscape in the states affected. Hopefully Florida won't turn into another Maryland or New Jersey (politically I mean)

http://www.whio.com/news/national/flori ... WCqPhyyIM/
M-Quigley
 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm
Location: Western Ohio

Re: influx of Puerto Ricans in mainland might change electio

Postby qmti » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:18 pm

It does happen. Look at Colorado. It was once a solid red state, but with people fleeing California because of the high living costs, it is becoming bluer. My sister has lived there many years (she and husband Republicans) and has noticed the change.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Re: influx of Puerto Ricans in mainland might change electio

Postby TJW815 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:47 pm

qmti wrote:It does happen. Look at Colorado. It was once a solid red state, but with people fleeing California because of the high living costs, it is becoming bluer. My sister has lived there many years (she and husband Republicans) and has noticed the change.


So what you're saying is the democrat count in Colorado is getting higher and higher.
User avatar
TJW815
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 pm
Location: Warren County

Re: influx of Puerto Ricans in mainland might change electio

Postby schmieg » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:44 pm

TJW815 wrote:
qmti wrote:It does happen. Look at Colorado. It was once a solid red state, but with people fleeing California because of the high living costs, it is becoming bluer. My sister has lived there many years (she and husband Republicans) and has noticed the change.


So what you're saying is the democrat count in Colorado is getting higher and higher.

Democrats tend to flee states run by Democrats because they don't like the high taxes and nanny control. Then they demand services and rules in the new home which results in high taxes and nanny control. They just can't understand why it follows them around.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
User avatar
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 4949
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: Madeira, Ohio

Re: influx of Puerto Ricans in mainland might change electio

Postby TJW815 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 am

schmieg wrote:
TJW815 wrote:
qmti wrote:It does happen. Look at Colorado. It was once a solid red state, but with people fleeing California because of the high living costs, it is becoming bluer. My sister has lived there many years (she and husband Republicans) and has noticed the change.


So what you're saying is the democrat count in Colorado is getting higher and higher.

Democrats tend to flee states run by Democrats because they don't like the high taxes and nanny control. Then they demand services and rules in the new home which results in high taxes and nanny control. They just can't understand why it follows them around.


I guess you didn't catch that. I was referring to the legal status of marijuana in Colorado. LOL

But yes, they haven't realized yet that elections have consequences.
User avatar
TJW815
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 pm
Location: Warren County


Return to National Firearm Politics & Legislation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests