influx of Puerto Ricans in mainland might change election re

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

influx of Puerto Ricans in mainland might change election re

Post by M-Quigley »

Many Puerto Ricans are having to come to the mainland due to the effects of the hurricane, and those Puerto Ricans will be eligible to vote in the next election. Almost all of the refugees are solid Democrats, and may possibly change the political landscape in the states affected. Hopefully Florida won't turn into another Maryland or New Jersey (politically I mean)

http://www.whio.com/news/national/flori ... WCqPhyyIM/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: influx of Puerto Ricans in mainland might change electio

Post by qmti »

It does happen. Look at Colorado. It was once a solid red state, but with people fleeing California because of the high living costs, it is becoming bluer. My sister has lived there many years (she and husband Republicans) and has noticed the change.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

qmti wrote:It does happen. Look at Colorado. It was once a solid red state, but with people fleeing California because of the high living costs, it is becoming bluer. My sister has lived there many years (she and husband Republicans) and has noticed the change.
So what you're saying is the democrat count in Colorado is getting higher and higher.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

TJW815 wrote:
qmti wrote:It does happen. Look at Colorado. It was once a solid red state, but with people fleeing California because of the high living costs, it is becoming bluer. My sister has lived there many years (she and husband Republicans) and has noticed the change.
So what you're saying is the democrat count in Colorado is getting higher and higher.
Democrats tend to flee states run by Democrats because they don't like the high taxes and nanny control. Then they demand services and rules in the new home which results in high taxes and nanny control. They just can't understand why it follows them around.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

schmieg wrote:
TJW815 wrote:
Democrats tend to flee states run by Democrats because they don't like the high taxes and nanny control. Then they demand services and rules in the new home which results in high taxes and nanny control. They just can't understand why it follows them around.
I guess you didn't catch that. I was referring to the legal status of marijuana in Colorado. LOL

But yes, they haven't realized yet that elections have consequences.