Gun Rights Group: NRA’s Support of Regulation Is Laying Down

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Gun Rights Group: NRA’s Support of Regulation Is Laying

Post by WY_Not »

That mindset is not compromise; it is appeasement. Compromise requires both sides to give a little to reach an agreement. And compromise is not always possible. How do you compromise with someone who wants to kill you? Allow them to only beat you half to death?

May the shackles rest lightly on his wrists...
Brian D. wrote:"imcrazy"/ Aaron was on my very short ignore list for quite a spell back when, because of that same mindset regarding "compromise" as a useful tactic against anti- 2A extremists. Maybe two years ago I reinstated him, and the other person on "ignore" was long gone from here.

Started myself with a clean slate, because it goes against my nature to block input on here. But the last couple weeks had me second guessing that decision.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Imcrazy wrote:...I'm not here to argue my points and convince anyone, I just expressed my opinion but, I think I'll stick to BFA another other forums as I clearly don't fit the mold here..... Adios keep those tin foil hats tight folks.
Yup. BFA is where these comments belong, hence the lack of forum activity there.
I'm not sure if tin foil is now code for having a principled stand or strong rhetoric, but I'll take whatever he thinks it is over what he's selling.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

All the NRA said is it would "consider" legislation requiring bump stocks to be regulated under a Class 3 license like full autos! Calm down everyone! :roll:
God made man, Colt made them equal
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

No, actually they said "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

Heck, Leaving the house is "is inherently dangerous". Seems going to church is also.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"