Roy Moore gets pro gun endorsement in Senate Race (AL)

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Roy Moore gets pro gun endorsement in Senate Race (AL)

Post by willbird »

Mustang380gal wrote:Sarah Palin sued for slander or libel after the Gifford's shooting. She may have suffered harm, because many news places didn't have her on after that. From what some legal blogs I read said, if anyone had a good claim, or chance at prevailing, it is her.

She lost, too.

Apparently, it is expected that people say all manner of lies about you if you are a "public figure" and you have little recourse.
Seems to be coming clear that there was collusion between parties to pay off the mortgage of one supposed Trump victim, and to offer another one $750,000 cash in return for going public. That level of conspiracy IMHO rises to a different level than just making some off the wall claim on a so called "news" broadcast ;-).

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

willbird wrote:
Seems to be coming clear that there was collusion between parties to pay off the mortgage of one supposed Trump victim, and to offer another one $750,000 cash in return for going public. That level of conspiracy IMHO rises to a different level than just making some off the wall claim on a so called "news" broadcast ;-).

Bill
Oh, I hadn't heard that is supposed to have happened. I have heard that there was suspicion of such things.

The more I read about all of this--Moore, Hollywood craziness, politicians-- makes me think goodness and decency have completely been lost. Buy enough people off, yell lies loud enough, and people will believe or support just about anything.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Mustang380gal wrote:
willbird wrote:

Bill
Oh, I hadn't heard that is supposed to have happened. I have heard that there was suspicion of such things.

The more I read about all of this--Moore, Hollywood craziness, politicians-- makes me think goodness and decency have completely been lost. Buy enough people off, yell lies loud enough, and people will believe or support just about anything.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.3701922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Women’s rights lawyer Lisa Bloom sought paydays for women willing to accuse Donald Trump of sexual misconduct at the tail end of the 2016 presidential race, according to an explosive report.

Bloom offered to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets—and arrange compensation from donors for those who came forward with allegations against President Trump, The Hill reported Friday, citing documents, emails and text messages between Bloom and the women.

She arranged for a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage, and offered as much as $750,000 to another woman, who ultimately decided not to come forward, according to the report.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

IMHO you start throwing out lotto winner type offers and all kinds of "witnesses and victims" will come out of the woodwork. This has been pretty formulaic since Herman Caine...and really roots clear back to Clarence Thomas IMHO.

Bill
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

willbird wrote:IMHO you start throwing out lotto winner type offers and all kinds of "witnesses and victims" will come out of the woodwork. This has been pretty formulaic since Herman Caine...and really roots clear back to Clarence Thomas IMHO.

Bill
And the worst part of this is that it has gotten them what they want so far. It is not likely to end any time soon. I am fairly certain Trump will be the next target.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Mustang380gal wrote:
willbird wrote:IMHO you start throwing out lotto winner type offers and all kinds of "witnesses and victims" will come out of the woodwork. This has been pretty formulaic since Herman Caine...and really roots clear back to Clarence Thomas IMHO.

Bill
And the worst part of this is that it has gotten them what they want so far. It is not likely to end any time soon. I am fairly certain Trump will be the next target.
IMHO the truth is out there that shows that in many cases "they" knew about people like Cosby and the whole list of folks like Laur who have now been fired. They knew about it, covered it up, paid off victims, etc.

Bill
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Contractual documents obtained by The Hill also detailed that Bloom stated a donor was willing to pay $750,000 for an accusation against Trump while another donor offered to pay off the mortgage of one accuser. A text exchange between Bloom and one of the accusers seemed to indicate that a pro-Clinton PAC was ready to offer financial compensation to the accusers if they came forward.

“It’s my understanding that there is some Clinton Super Pack (sic) that could help out if we did move forward,” the woman wrote Bloom in Oct. 2016. “If we help the Clinton campaign they in turn could help or compensate us?”
So even if you LOSE a civil suit, the discovery phase could provide some very interesting information ;-).