The NRA a domestic security threat?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

The NRA a domestic security threat?

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ional-sec/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ironically the Congresswoman was mad at her for what sounded like support for a police officer. So according to her, all of you police supporters out there are possible domestic terrorists. (sarcasm)
A U.S. House member called the National Rifle Association and one of its chief spokeswomen a threat to national security.

Rep. Kathleen Rice, New York Democrat, appeared to be responding to NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch noting that Philando Castile was in possession of marijuana when police shot the motorist dead. According to her next tweet five minutes later, that makes the NRA a “domestic security threat.”
“I’m just going to say it. #NRA & @DLoesch are quickly becoming domestic security threats under President Trump. We can’t ignore that,” Ms. Rice said.
SMMAssociates

Re: The NRA a domestic security threat?

Post by SMMAssociates »

The local rag ran an Editorial Page cartoon lumping NRA members with Nazis....

I've been too far behind to do anything about it, and naturally, as things got back towards normal here, my wife's cousin passed Monday AM....

Calling hours at 1400 Tuesday, Funeral at 1500. It's about 0745 now....

Sleep is something I only dream about :D.

Sherri's brother came in last week - a place to sleep while visiting innumerable friends and relatives. (He now lives in FL, with his daughter & her two little ones in Pittsburgh. Golf games being what he does when he's not visiting or sleeping. The kid's about 60. To be even that young....

I also note that it appears that the media are trying to blame the Hurricane on Trump. So far, no apparent effect, but it's early today....

What we have here is the usual liberal attempt to disarm the potential victims so the criminals won't get hurt. Their safety being a lot more important....

AARGH.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

If only the NRA was some threat to the deep state! Sadly, it's a fundraising group that slings cash and bennies all over Capitol Hill....far from anything revolutionary or disruptive to the status quo.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

SMMAssociates wrote: I also note that it appears that the media are trying to blame the Hurricane on Trump. So far, no apparent effect, but it's early today....
In a masochistic moment a couple of days ago, I turned on CNN where the cute, but clueless, news reader was interviewing an official from Obama's FEMA. She tried like the devil to get the former official to say that the decision not to blanket evacuate Houston was a big error, but the official kept saying that, at this point, it appeared it was the correct decision. She then worked on getting the official to say that the response was poor and that everything was totally screwed up. The official insisted that things appeared to be responsive and well executed so far. The anchor finally gave up with a disgusted look on her face.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand