National Reciprocity Petition

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: National Reciprocity Petition

Post by JustaShooter »

bignflnut wrote:Be careful when asking for an all powerful national government, you just might get it.
I think there is a clear difference between the Federal government exercising its power protecting a constitutionally protected right (especially one whose corresponding amendment in the Bill of Rights has been incorporated to the states) and something like the "war on (some) drugs" whose Federal power has been made from whole cloth. Don't you?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Notasmiff

Post by Notasmiff »

Signed

I don't believe making states honor the 2nd amendment is overreaching by the Federal government at all :wink:
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Notasmiff wrote:Signed

I don't believe making states honor the 2nd amendment is overreaching by the Federal government at all :wink:
:wink:
Cancer patients. People living with HIV/AIDS, fibromyalgia, ulcerative colitis, severe arthritis, and Lou Gehrig’s Disease.

These don’t seem like a group of miscreants, do they?

Well, in the state of Arkansas – they are.

According to the Arkansas Department of Health, you can’t have both a medical marijuana card and legally own a firearm. Why? Because pot is illegal on the federal level.
Square the circle.
Solve for RKBA.
When the feds control all the carrots and all the sticks, the people lose.

Even rock-ribbed patriots like Rowdy Trey Gowdy want to get Mary Jane off the Schedule 1 list...

To JustaShooter's point that there are justified and unjustified uses of federal power. I agree. I simply don't trust them to use the power that some insist on granting them with any wisdom or in defense of the people's rights according to justice. I would rather empower the States to be accountable to their citizens and pro-RKBA groups (not that I agree with the false premise of needing a state license to carry a weapon). Decentralized power being preferable to the alternative.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798