I hope this goes national

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

I hope this goes national

Post by AlanM »

Also I certainly hope it passes into law in Wisconsin.
Public schools could offer firearm safety course under bill
Teenagers could learn in school how to safely handle firearms under a bill introduced last week by Republican lawmakers.

Rep. Ken Skowronski, R-Franklin, and Sen. Terry Moulton, R-Chippewa Falls, are proposing to require state education and natural resources officials to write a curriculum for a firearm safety course that school districts could offer to their high school students as an elective.

The proposal requires the Department of Public Instruction and Department of Natural Resources to develop the curriculum while drawing on the expertise of a law enforcement agency, or an organization that specializes in gun safety or certifies firearm instructors.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: I hope this goes national

Post by WestonDon »

This would be a good idea for Ohio also...Minus the elective part.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

And minus the state education officials. They do a poor enough job as it is. I really wouldn't want them involved in educating children on firearms or firearms safety.

Could have sworn I commented on this post already. *shrug*
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

WY_Not wrote:And minus the state education officials. They do a poor enough job as it is. I really wouldn't want them involved in educating children on firearms or firearms safety.

Could have sworn I commented on this post already. *shrug*
They have a hard enough time getting the "Eddy Eagle" program into the schools! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yep. They (education officials) should have NO part in designing, implementing, or delivering the content of the course. Bring in the NRA guys to teach the Eddie Eagle program and bring in the DNR guys to teach the hunter safety program.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

About the time I moved here to Virginia the VA state legislature passed a bill to produce a children's firearm safety program "like" the NRA's Eddie Eagle program.
Elementary School Gun Safety Guidelines and Curriculum
Meet Finnigan Fox.
Doesn't that name just roll off the tongue? NOT!

Heaven forfend they wouldn't just adopt the NRA program.
What a bunch of jackwagons!

If you read this .pdf you'll find that it's full of anti-gun propaganda.
AFAIK Eddie Eagle doesn't push either pro or anti agendas just gun safety that even a preschooler can understand.

EDIT: I just tracked down who developed the Virginia program.

The National Center For The Prevention Of Community Violence which has the National Children's Gun Safety Program featuring "Ollie the Owl".

Here's what Philip Van Cleave president of Virginians Civilian Defense League said about the program back in 2011.
VA Public Schools’ “Gun Safety” Course Cursed by PC
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.