Perfect example of why I hate the media..

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Perfect example of why I hate the media..

Post by Brian D. »

Okay this isn't firearms related, just a beef about politics and reporting. Felt like it fit better here than the "In the News" sub-forum.

So a few days ago I read several online stories with the headline Trump the first President to skip White House Press Correspondents' Dinner since Reagan. Now, that's more or less true on the surface, but as always I smelled a rat and thought about that a little bit. Here is my inner dialog, but by the end I was yelling out loud:

"Okay, Brian, when did Reagan not go to the Dinner? I'll look it up. Ah, it was in his first year of his first term, April of 1981....Hey, wait a minute, Reagan got SHOT and almost killed on March 30th of that year! HE WAS BARELY OUT OF THE HOSPITAL!!"

Media does this misleading thing constantly. Keep your guard up.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Perfect example of why I hate the media..

Post by WY_Not »

So, you are making their case for them in that it has been even longer since a president skipped a White House Press Correspondent's Dinner? :shock:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Face

Post by Face »

I did not read any of the reports, but I heard it on 2 different radio news, and both stated it was due to Regan's recovery. I believe they mentioned who previously on one the the broadcasts, but was not paying attention after that.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

WY_Not wrote:So, you are making their case for them in that it has been even longer since a president skipped a White House Press Correspondent's Dinner? :shock:
No, I'm not. My point is, the reports I read deliberately only told PART of the story concerning Reagan's absence. Couldn't give a rodent's rectum less who goes to some dinner in D.C. I believe Carter skipped it at least once. Don't know or care why.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Ah. That part I definitely agree with. Getting shot does tend to put a damper on one's social calendar. :wink: I'd love to see one of the so-called journalists get shot and then show up at such an event shortly thereafter.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.