"Pro-2A" Judge says open and concealed carry laws DANGEROUS

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

"Pro-2A" Judge says open and concealed carry laws DANGEROUS

Post by bignflnut »

Writeup on Ohio carry laws on federal lands

And we thought it was just this Wynn character on the 4th Circuit...
"I think open carry (and concealed-carry) laws, with all due deference to the Second Amendment, which I support...are dangerous to any community because of the epidemic of mental health issues throughout this country," he said. "Putting guns in the hands of mentally incompetent people is a recipe for disaster."
Mental Illness, because, of course that's the reason...

Let's attack people's rights on a pseudoscientific basis, declaring our own authority and rejecting any other...

“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Re: "Pro-2A" Judge says open and concealed carry laws DANGER

Post by Brian D. »

He may claim to be pro 2A but that's a lie. Sherrod Brown says the same thing in his robo-response letters. Judge Rice is an end-of-term appointment from President Jimmah Cahtuh. Hizzoner has ruled lefty on pretty much everything put in front of him. Death penalty cases have sat on his bench as long as eight years awaiting a decision. Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters once said that Rice's courtroom was "a black hole" where capital crime cases go and aren't seen again.

Your thread title strikes me as a little misleading and "click-baity", bignflnut.

Well, you did put quotes around "Pro 2A" so maybe people will get it from that. I just happened to be familiar with Rice already. Know thine enemy and such.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Brian D. wrote:Your thread title strikes me as a little misleading and "click-baity", bignflnut.
I see that angle. I found it difficult to condense into one headline. My apologies.
There's so much to focus on in such a short quote....
A) Everyone in official position is "for" the 2A, because they have to be.
B) Using the scapegoat of "Mental Health" is amazing
C) Arming commoners is Dangerous (Public Safety uber alles)
D) People on government property are being denied the rights that the governments were instituted to protect, though this judge and and the pro-2A writing community agree on forwarding this false narrative. The actual case, despite the disclaimer that he supports our rights and the law, is that he is entirely hostile to the idea that people outside government control keep and bear weapons.

I was originally going to focus on the Open carry angle, but the quote mentions both.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

bignflnut wrote:Writeup on Ohio carry laws on federal lands

And we thought it was just this Wynn character on the 4th Circuit...
"I think open carry (and concealed-carry) laws, with all due deference to the Second Amendment, which I support...are dangerous to any community because of the epidemic of mental health issues throughout this country," he said. "Putting guns in the hands of mentally incompetent people is a recipe for disaster."
Mental Illness, because, of course that's the reason...

Let's attack people's rights on a pseudoscientific basis, declaring our own authority and rejecting any other...

He probably thinks that anyone who open carries is mentally incompetent. For that matter, he probably feels the same way about concealed carry.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Remember, if the first sentence is "I support 2A BUT"

Well, do I really need to expound?
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

To quote a favorite talk show host... "Everything before but is BS."
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.