Ohioan Named To President Trumps 2A Coalition

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Ohioan Named To President Trumps 2A Coalition

Post by pirateguy191 »

Congratulations to Linda Walker.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/bfa-lea ... -coalition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
pirateguy191

Re: Ohioan Named To President Trumps 2A Coalition

Post by pirateguy191 »

Nobody wants to congratulate Linda Walker? Damn.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Took my first CHL class from her. I'm glad they appointed her-- I think she'll be a strong advocate for us.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Well... maybe not pure textbook "turd in the punchbowl" but if it is BFA related on the OFCC forums... well, it sure is close enough. Nobody ever wants to talk about the rift, certainly seems counterproductive to me but I admit that I know squat.

I know that I have a few times visited the BFA forums and I leave underwhelmed and it's a year or two before I visit again.

If the discussion subject move is good for Pro-2A Ohio, then I say "woohoo!", but yeah, I don't feel compelled to join a cheering chorus for the recent appointment of someone that I don't know.

Watching you attempt to stir the punchbowl (in an effort to better show off the turd) definitely has a certain entertainment value! :D
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

pirateguy191 wrote:Nobody wants to congratulate Linda Walker? Damn.
You just posted this today. Some people don't get to check the site as often as they would like. This is the first time I've seen this post.

I don't know her but from what I've read she seems like a good person to be on the coalition, if it helps the cause of advancing the 2A.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I just forgot to get back here. Linda has done good work for not just BFA but the NRA.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Well, you could say she worked for OFCC before BFA even existed, right?

Personal (and detrimental) animosities of upper management aside, BFA is the 800-pound gorilla at the statehouse these days.

If they can get an Ohio-based foothold on some federal 2A activism, more power to them. And if they shirk their duties at the statehouse, we will most certainly be there to pick up their slack.

:wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

10TV still has the video from Bloomberg's 2013 MAIG rally at Arch Park, where Linda 'took over' the rally.

http://www.10tv.com/article/rally-gun-b ... -gun-event" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Linda starts speaking at about 1:24 (and my little brother gets some camera time at 0:50).
MyWifeSaidYes
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Linda is a great advocate for our 2nd Amandment rights. She is a wonderful choice to be a part of this group to advise President Trump.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

Don't know her but congrats!!! 8)
God made man, Colt made them equal
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

The goal is expanded 2A rights in action. Good 2A people of any stripe are welcome.

Good to see a Buckeye on the national stage.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Congrats.. sure you'll do well for us despite the petty, childish bickering between two groups that strive for the same thing....
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

gaptrick wrote:Congrats.. sure you'll do well for us despite the petty, childish bickering between two groups that strive for the same thing....
In the interest of a fair and accurate assessment-- what you just said isn't the case these days in 2017. The two groups had a falling out (seemingly forever ago) and both go about similar goals albeit in different manners and with different methods. There is no evidence of "childish bickering" as you say.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Linda is a good person and a great advocate who I've worked with before and hope to work with again.
I am sure she will do us proud working with the presidents team.
It is indeed an honor for her
And I thank her for her work for our cause
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)