NICs check for suppressors

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmedAviator

Re: NICs check for suppressors

Post by ArmedAviator »

If/when that legislation passes, I will be heading to the store the day that takes effect, filling out the NICS stuff and, heading home with my 2 suppressors that are currently in NFA jail.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I don't currently have any guns that are threaded for a suppressor. Can one retrofit a barrel or bushing so a suppressor can be attached?

This is a big reason there won't be a large rush for suppressors; very few guns are threaded for said appliance.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Javelin Man wrote:I don't currently have any guns that are threaded for a suppressor. Can one retrofit a barrel or bushing so a suppressor can be attached?
Yes to the first, not sure about the second. And, most ARs are threaded for a flash suppressor, and many .22s are threaded these days. And if suppressors come off the NFA list then I'd bet most firearms will either come with threaded barrels standard or it will be a popular option.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Drop-in threaded barrels are readily available for most common pistols. I will have to pickup drop-in barrels for my 1911 and my XDm-9 when my suppressors are ready for pickup.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

JustaShooter wrote: And, most ARs are threaded for a flash suppressor, and many .22s are threaded these days. And if suppressors come off the NFA list then I'd bet most firearms will either come with threaded barrels standard or it will be a popular option.
Never really understood that.
22s are the quiet-est firearms on earth. Why thread them?
Thread all the 12 gauges, I say.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
docpadds

Post by docpadds »

glocksmith wrote:Dummy question here and also a hypothetical question as it has not happened yet...but...what if suppressors "come off of the NFA list" or however you say it? What happens to all the paperwork and registration that exists for you folks who bought them before they became non-NFA items?
We sell the stamps to stamp collectors
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

docpadds wrote:
glocksmith wrote:Dummy question here and also a hypothetical question as it has not happened yet...but...what if suppressors "come off of the NFA list" or however you say it? What happens to all the paperwork and registration that exists for you folks who bought them before they became non-NFA items?
Might want to hold onto those tax stamps until after the next Presidential election. If Trump keeps at it like this for the next four years, the voters will push hard Left in response...and hello again NFA business.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

glocksmith wrote:
docpadds wrote:
Might want to hold onto those tax stamps until after the next Presidential election. If Trump keeps at it like this for the next four years, the voters will push hard Left in response...and hello again NFA business.
From what I've heard from the far left, they're thinking they'll regain the House and Senate in 2018. :roll:

One of them is particularly mad at me right now, but good taste prevents me from explaining why in a public forum. :lol:
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

bignflnut wrote:
JustaShooter wrote: And, most ARs are threaded for a flash suppressor, and many .22s are threaded these days. And if suppressors come off the NFA list then I'd bet most firearms will either come with threaded barrels standard or it will be a popular option.
Never really understood that.
22s are the quiet-est firearms on earth. Why thread them?
Thread all the 12 gauges, I say.
.22 is still not hearing safe.... I'll be putting a can on mine
-Aaron
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I made the mistake of buying right after the trust change took effect so my paperwork got buried ibn the deluge of people trying to beat it. NFA jail since July.
I would immediately retrieve my property if this law change took effect.
Its not even the$200 i object to, even though i do, it's the glacially slow pace the atf nfa division has because there is no reason to be faster...in fact they want it slow to discourage people.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

evan price wrote:I made the mistake of buying right after the trust change took effect so my paperwork got buried ibn the deluge of people trying to beat it. NFA jail since July.
I would immediately retrieve my property if this law change took effect.
Its not even the$200 i object to, even though i do, it's the glacially slow pace the atf nfa division has because there is no reason to be faster...in fact they want it slow to discourage people.
I agree, the tax is BS but, the long wait is just rude....
-Aaron
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

The pessimist in me says that the information will be "destroyed" - and by that I mean, put in with the other records they're not supposed to keep. :D