John Ross Offers to Serve as ATF Director

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

marca

John Ross Offers to Serve as ATF Director

Post by marca »

John Ross as ATF Director? Awesome to contemplate.
From John Ross:

Dear President-Elect Trump:

It is Christmas Day as I write this, and I have been watching the things you have been doing as President-Elect with ever increasing admiration. I would like to be a “Dollar a Year Man” in your administration—that is to say, to follow your example and eschew a government salary.
http://www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsg.cgi?read=867921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: John Ross Offers to Serve as ATF Director

Post by Mr. Glock »

Now that would be a pick!
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Color me uneducated, but who is John Ross?
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
marca

Post by marca »

Look up the book titled "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

These statistics clearly show that it is imperative that a BATFE Director be intimately familiar with the areas where BATFE spends 98% of its budget, namely Firearms and Explosives. Even more importantly, the new Director must be sensitive to the legal and cultural issues that exist in the interplay between the Agency he directs and the citizens with whom it interacts.

I am that person. I will bring experience to the job, and restore credibility to this tarnished Agency.

Sincerely yours,

John Ross
Nah. Take the job to serve the people by burying the agency, not make it credible.
Shrink the State, Drain the Swamp.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I'd rather see Larry Pratt in that role. :)
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

bignflnut wrote:
These statistics clearly show that it is imperative that a BATFE Director be intimately familiar with the areas where BATFE spends 98% of its budget, namely Firearms and Explosives. Even more importantly, the new Director must be sensitive to the legal and cultural issues that exist in the interplay between the Agency he directs and the citizens with whom it interacts.

I am that person. I will bring experience to the job, and restore credibility to this tarnished Agency.

Sincerely yours,

John Ross
Nah. Take the job to serve the people by burying the agency, not make it credible.
Shrink the State, Drain the Swamp.
A snippet from his letter:

"The position I’d like to fill is Director of BATFE. This would dovetail well with your policy of appointing established critics of various troubled agencies (EPA, HUD, etc.) as the people to best lead them, reform them, or, in some cases, oversee their dissolution. " (emphasis added)
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Maybe, but I'm ok with regulating explosives. It could just be the BoE?
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I'm ok with regulating explosives also. Realizing of course that preventing explosives from being made and used by criminals or terrorists is a lost cause.

So just make regulating explosives a function of the FBI or homeland security and eliminate the whole BATFE.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member