Lefties buying guns in fear of Trump

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Lefties buying guns in fear of Trump

Post by bignflnut »

On December 20, the BBC pointed out that the “traditional” image of the American gun buyer is shifting under Donald Trump; even liberals are making gun purchases.

In fact, the “Liberal Gun Club,” which is “an actual club” with nine chapter and members in all 50 states,” says it saw a “huge” increase in interest once Trump was elected, as well as a subsequent surge in membership.

But the BBC suggests that “left-wingers” are not buying guns for the same reasons that people on the “right wing” side of the political spectrum might. In fact, BBC suggests “left-wingers” are buying guns to protect themselves from right-wingers and to prepare for “the collapse of society.”
Blind squirrels finding nuts...News at 11
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Lefties buying guns in fear of Trump

Post by Cruiser »

Link for above quote.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38297345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
More here.
http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/11/18 ... un-owners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This has led to the interesting situation of many progressives who had cheered on Hillary and her radical anti-gun campaign now determining that they’re not so anti-gun anymore. Instead, they’ve been motivated by fear to buy guns for self-defense.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I guess the Lefties are circling the wagons because they fear the deplorable's are about to attack.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Some of them may decide to stay in the fold down the road. Let's look on the bright side. I am glad that they say they aren't paranoid like they say we are.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I was reading some comments about this from lefties who had indeed just bought a gun for such reasons. Three or four of them (out of a couple dozen posts I scanned) stated that there's no way they could EVER fire the gun in defense of self or others. What then is the point?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:I was reading some comments about this from lefties who had indeed just bought a gun for such reasons. Three or four of them (out of a couple dozen posts I scanned) stated that there's no way they could EVER fire the gun in defense of self or others. What then is the point?
They will follow Biden's instructions to fire in the air.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Sheesh!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:I was reading some comments about this from lefties who had indeed just bought a gun for such reasons. Three or four of them (out of a couple dozen posts I scanned) stated that there's no way they could EVER fire the gun in defense of self or others. What then is the point?
Hoping the mere presence of a gun will cause the bad guy / radical Trump supporter / Deplorable to wet their pants and cease being a threat?

Or maybe hoping the gun itself will jump to their defense and shoot the threat, because guns kill people, m'kay? Amiright?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Just can't (and don't want to) fathom the thought process of someone who places so little value on their life and the lives of their loved ones that they would not be willing to do anything possible to protect it.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I hate to think how many of these guns will be loaded, stashed away somewhere and promptly forgotten until some curious kid finds it.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Can you say transference, sure ya can. After all, there were all those Trump supporters attacking Hillary supporters at conventions and rallys. Oh. Wait. No, it was the other way around wasn't it! I think Scott Adams summed it up earlier this year, "Democrats are using guns to kill each other – and want it to stop – whereas Republicans are using guns to defend against Democrats"

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1463070884 ... in-the-usa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

LOL you guys aren't seriously buying into this crap from the BBC...are you?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

glocksmith wrote:LOL you guys aren't seriously buying into this crap from the BBC...are you?
Not really, but it's fun to comment on the fiction story.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

While the story may be faked to small or large degree, there were tons of comments and I'm assuming those were the genuine "thoughts" of respondents. The lefties who buy guns knowing full well they could never use them...boy is that ever dumb.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

My sister-in-law says she is buying a gun.... Staunch Democrat... read still crying...
Hasn't yet but says she is...
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan