Lefties buying guns in fear of Trump

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Lefties buying guns in fear of Trump

Post by bignflnut »

If the lefties become gun owners, then at least there would be some truth to the idea that SOME gun owners want more restrictions on their Rights.

Brady people can say that they've surveyed gun owners and they want _________.

Are they also going to join the NRA to falsify data?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

WY_Not wrote:Just can't (and don't want to) fathom the thought process of someone who places so little value on their life and the lives of their loved ones that they would not be willing to do anything possible to protect it.

Explains the Iran nuke deal too
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

bignflnut wrote:If the lefties become gun owners, then at least there would be some truth to the idea that SOME gun owners want more restrictions on their Rights.
Except they won't want the new restrictions to apply to them!
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Pops Fun wrote:My sister-in-law says she is buying a gun.... Staunch Democrat... read still crying...
Hasn't yet but says she is...
We bought guns during Obama's "reign" because we feared another AWB or some other excessive legislation. That's why we bought guns. So what is the exact reason Lefties are allegedly buying guns nowdays? What is their specific motivation?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

glocksmith wrote:
Pops Fun wrote:My sister-in-law says she is buying a gun.... Staunch Democrat... read still crying...
Hasn't yet but says she is...
We bought guns during Obama's "reign" because we feared another AWB or some other excessive legislation. That's why we bought guns. So what is the exact reason Lefties are allegedly buying guns nowdays? What is their specific motivation?
They fear those of us who bought guns because Obama was president.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I can't begin to understand the thought process of lefty elites. I would imagine it is something similar to what southern slave owners were thinking at the end of the civil war when they were suddenly out of power and outnumbered by their former slaves.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

WestonDon wrote:I can't begin to understand the thought process of lefty elites. I would imagine it is something similar to what southern slave owners were thinking at the end of the civil war when they were suddenly out of power and outnumbered by their former slaves.
Now that the racists/ bigots / homophobes are in power, they must take up arms to protect the gains made under the all-perfect Obama. Just like their leaders, what is good for them is not ok for you. Ever.

Hypocrite much?
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

His advice to others on the left fearful of the next four years? “Get ready. Pay attention. Keep your wits about you.”

Waugh’s not alone. He is among a new cadre embracing extreme self-reliance in the wake of Trump’s surprising victory. Long a calling among conservatives spooked by big government boogymen and calamitous natural disasters, the so-called prepper movement is gaining a decisively liberal following.

“We’re tired of being perceived as wusses who won’t survive when s*** hits the fan,” said Stacy, a Texas Democrat who recently caught the prepper bug. She spoke with Vocativ on the condition we not publish her last name. “I, for one, don’t like to be thought of as some precious snowflake.”

SNIP

In a smaller Facebook group, Progressive Liberal Preppers, members who blacksmith, bow hunt, and operate ham radios are eager to teach their skills with others, said one the site’s administrators, who goes by the name of Blythe Bonnie. “The next thing we’re going to do is a class on home brewing and winemaking,” said Bonnie, a lifelong Democrat and 70-year-old now living in Arkansas.

While most of these liberal preppers say they are readying for any disaster — natural, manmade, or even zombie — a doomsday scenario at the hands of a President Trump continues to be a primary concern.

“With the new administration I worry about Nazi-style camps that would include my wife, our twins and myself,” said Melissa Letos, who lives with her family on a five-acre spread near Portland, Oregon. In a recent interview, she said she raises chickens, strives to keep a year’s supply of canned food, and is able to hold her own with a firearm. She and her family plan to a build a bunker-style basement in the future.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Bignflnut it's just the old "pendulum swing" taking place. The Lefties get to switch places with us now. Recently, Michelle Obama did an interview and she lamented the Trump victory...saying "now for the first time we know what it's like to be without hope". HUH? How the Hell does she think I and millions of other average Americans have felt like for the past 8 years?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Well whadda ya know? We finally have something in common with progressives. A healthy distrust of a too powerful government. I hope they don't forget this lesson but I won't hold my breath.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I guess it's just surprising because self-reliance (and the subset of self-defense) seems so antithetical to their core positions of bigger government with more power, more subsidies and less liberty. Who knows, maybe a generation of inept failure will actually change the prism they see the world through (eyebrow raised :wink: ).

I'd love for everyone to distrust government, uncover all the corruption and scrub it out...still a long way off from that.

glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

bignflnut wrote:I'd love for everyone to distrust government, uncover all the corruption and scrub it out...still a long way off from that.
"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people." (Alan Moore)
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:I guess it's just surprising because self-reliance (and the subset of self-defense) seems so antithetical to their core positions of bigger government with more power, more subsidies and less liberty. Who knows, maybe a generation of inept failure will actually change the prism they see the world through (eyebrow raised :wink: ).

I'd love for everyone to distrust government, uncover all the corruption and scrub it out...still a long way off from that.
That's what confuses me about someone I know who claims to be a progressive, yet is pro gun and wants government to be limited on most economic issues. She defines herself as progressive because of some social issues. Although she doesn't like Trump personally, (due to the sexual allegations) she didn't like Hillary either. She recognized that Bill Clinton had done worse things and covered for him, so in effect she's as guilty as he was. Although she was surprised Trump won (heck even some Trump supporters were surprised how it turned out) she wasn't crying about it, like some of her liberal acquaintances. She likes his pro gun stance and how her stock portfolio has increased since the election. :) Before the election she got into some spirited discussions with some of her kool aid drinking liberal Democrat acquaintances on the subject of gun control. I think her politics are more aligned with the Libertarians than the Democrats.

The one truly liberal Democrat I know isn't planning on buying any guns or changing her anti gun stance. I don't get to listen to her anti gun drivel this weekend because she's supposedly going to some women's march in DC. :) She asked my wife to crochet a pink cap for her, because supposedly that's going to show support for women and women's issues if Trump looks out a window and see's a sea of pink. :roll:
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

M-Quigley wrote:That's what confuses me about someone I know who claims to be a progressive, yet is pro gun and wants government to be limited on most economic issues. She defines herself as progressive because of some social issues. ... I think her politics are more aligned with the Libertarians than the Democrats.
Sounds like you nailed it (unless her support of those social issues is one where she wants the government *more* involved). Many people with libertarian beliefs align themselves with one of the other parties, simply because they are not aware of the Libertarians.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

JustaShooter wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:That's what confuses me about someone I know who claims to be a progressive, yet is pro gun and wants government to be limited on most economic issues. She defines herself as progressive because of some social issues. ... I think her politics are more aligned with the Libertarians than the Democrats.
Sounds like you nailed it (unless her support of those social issues is one where she wants the government *more* involved). Many people with libertarian beliefs align themselves with one of the other parties, simply because they are not aware of the Libertarians.
I'm not sure whether this is the government getting more involved or less. Her main issue for many years was gay and lesbian issues. She wanted to be able to get a legally recognized marriage license with her former same sex partner. She also wanted don't ask don't tell eliminated, since her late partner was in the NG at the time. She also supports a ban on forced restorative therapy on minors, supposedly had a bad experience with that when she was a teenager. She does not however want private businesses or churches to be forced to provide products or services to a same sex wedding. Except for the ban on minor restorative therapy everything else has already happened anyway, and is currently dating a guy. The guy is former S.F. and that hacks off some of her former friends too, who think anyone who is or was in the US military and not ashamed of it is either a bad person, or is a ticking PTSD timebomb. :(
Although he's not a Marine, he has met and is familiar with Gen. Mattis, and thinks he is an excellent choice for Trump.

“The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
Gen James Mattis, USMC and Trump appointee