Racism and 2A: Colion Noir

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Racism and 2A: Colion Noir

Post by bignflnut »

A female "journalist" (who happens to not be white) for the Boston Globe, said something that set Colion to "burn"

Colion Noir Tells Renee Graham "This negro pity party is getting old"
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
glocksmith

Re: Racism and 2A: Colion Noir

Post by glocksmith »

JMHO but it's also true that Colion Noir is capitalizing on the color of his own skin. I mean...who the heck would care if a White guy like me got up and said the exact same words. There's a million of us. Noir is making a profit from saying things we've been saying for years?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

glocksmith wrote:JMHO but it's also true that Colion Noir is capitalizing on the color of his own skin. I mean...who the heck would care if a White guy like me got up and said the exact same words. There's a million of us. Noir is making a profit from saying things we've been saying for years?
Fine by me. Liberal anti-gunners tend to give more credence to people of color than to those of us blessed by white privilege. Of course, most of them will still say that Colion is an Uncle Tom. I like and respect him myself.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

I don't think he's an "Uncle Tom" it's just that he's got nothing new to say which hasn't already been said before. Initially I liked his videos, but by this point I guess the novelty of hearing a Black man say pro-2A things has worn off. Now he's just another gun enthusiast to me.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

glocksmith wrote:I don't think he's an "Uncle Tom" it's just that he's got nothing new to say which hasn't already been said before. Initially I liked his videos, but by this point I guess the novelty of hearing a Black man say pro-2A things has worn off. Now he's just another gun enthusiast to me.
He may be just another gun enthusiast but he is one that the Liberals are more likely to listen to than many of the rest of us. If he can make a profit doing so then I say more power to him. I don't know how many of us here on this forum would love to be able to make a living with guns or talking about guns working on guns.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Well, if the Boston Globe story is about more guns increasing risk to people of color, why not get a response from a black person?