DOD plan to allow CCW on Base(Trump won)

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

DOD plan to allow CCW on Base(Trump won)

Post by JU-87 »

My take is that the Pentagon wants to enact there own crappy,weak,rarely authorized plan befor Trump takes office. Pres. Trump would likely order a better CCW policy.

Your opinion?

Military.com | Nov 21, 2016 | by Matthew Cox

The Pentagon recently released detailed guidance that allows U.S. military personnel to carry privately owned, concealed firearms on base, a move that the Army's service chief argued against publicly...

...But Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley has argued against reversing the DoD policy that prohibits service members from carrying concealed weapons on post.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016 ... army_16112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: DOD plan to allow CCW on Base(Trump won)

Post by sodbuster95 »

Commanders, O-5 and above, "may grant permission to DoD personnel requesting to carry a privately owned firearm (concealed or open carry) on DoD property for a personal protection purpose not related to performance of an official duty or status," the document states.
I view this "policy" as the functional equivalent of "may issue" in New York or California. I.e., it's not gonna happen.

As far as I'm concerned, the policy should simply be that anyone (military or civilian) with any valid, state-issued license (including reciprocally recognized licenses) should be allowed to carry on military installations without further "permission". I just don't see the need to reinvent the wheel on this.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I doubt Trump is going to do anything on this matter.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I think Pres. Trump will act on this.

My dream/hope plan is:

ALL civilian CCW honored without exception. Whether you work on post or visiting.
ALL E-4 and up,
ALL O-2 and up, (yes that's right. NO O-1 second lieutenants to carry!!!!!).
Unit LtCol may make exceptions with individuals with prior (that means real) training.
Any UCMJ action could be a HUGE dis-qualifier.
SEVERE punishment for any negligent discharge.

This would be a big culture change for our military. :shock:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

As predicted, this is a TERRIBLE proposed policy! It appears to be a "May issue", but will likely be a "No Issue unless your a well connected Officer". :evil:

Major Hassan was officer. :roll:

THAT'S the US Army I remember! :( :lol:

New Military Concealed Carry Policy Excludes Retirees for Now
The directive is a broad DoD policy that each of the service chiefs will enforce as they see fit, according to Pentagon spokesman Maj. Jamie Davis...

Commanders, O-5 and above, "may grant permission to DoD personnel requesting to carry a privately owned firearm (concealed or open carry) on DoD property for a personal protection purpose not related to performance of an official duty or status," the document states...

"Written permission will be valid for 90 days or as long as the DoD Component deems appropriate and will include information necessary to facilitate the carrying of the firearm on DoD property consistent with safety and security, such as the individual's name, duration of the permission to carry, type of firearm, etc.," according to the document...

It will be up to each service to "go through and fine-tune it to suit that service's needs," Davis said. "It could be very restrictive based on the leadership of that service. It really boils down to how the services want to implement this."

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016 ... _161206.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;