2017 US Senate

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: 2017 US Senate

Post by schmieg »

mreising wrote:
A_F wrote:
if you have time can you post links to some examples? I was pretty young and wasnt paying attention, sounds like interesting reading.

but i wouldnt know where to start looking since i dont know any names or specific bills.
Don't forget the government shutdowns during the Clinton administration ('95 and '96 IIRC). The Republicans sent him spending bills, which he vetoed, and then the Dems and the media blamed the Republicans for the shutdowns. Unfortunately, the Republican Congress didn't have the fortitude to correct the media and defend themselves; they just rolled over and peed themselves like a subservient dog.
Attempting to correct the media by Republicans is an effort in futility. The media has a vested interest in blaming the Republicans.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand