Trump's Guliani Problem

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Trump's Guliani Problem

Post by catfish86 »

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Rudy_G ... ontrol.htm

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/11/rudy-g ... ecord-nra/

Rudy is a Republican, just like Michael Bloomberg. He is also pretty tight with Trump. Two positions Rudy is being mentioned for: US Attorney General and Secretary of State.

AG has very obvious implications on gun control...although he was an advocate of enforcing existing laws...google Project Exile. So it may be one of those situations where you think the dog is ugly but you want him to protect the junk yard.

SOS has the UN arms treaties which are backdoors to gun control...definitely not wanting him in charge there.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
ArmedAviator

Re: Trump's Guliani Problem

Post by ArmedAviator »

Sometimes a person is a product of their surroundings. In NYC, I'm not surprised he touted for gun-control. It seems to get people elected out that way.

Even if Guiliani still has the same mindset (remember, people's thoughts can change on issues over time), he still has to answer to Trump and the Republican party.

Is he the ideal person for either of these roles keeping our 2nd Amendment in mind? Definitely not as there are too many questions to be raised about his past statements, but it wouldn't be terrible. He's still a far cry from Clinton, Kerry, Holder, etc.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Some of his comments are nuanced. In one answer in an interview he said that how you deal with guns in NYC is very different with how you deal with guns in Texas. So it is possible he was dealing with guns the NYC way...considering environment and political climate. That still begs the question because he was a supporter of the Assault Weapon Ban because allowing AWs anywhere meant that banning them in NYC might be meaningless.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
docachna

Post by docachna »

I believe Rudy has already disavowed any interest in AG. Last night, he was reportedly a top-lister for Secretary of State.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

docachna wrote:I believe Rudy has already disavowed any interest in AG. Last night, he was reportedly a top-lister for Secretary of State.
I heard that, too. His reasoning is the Clinton Foundation debacle. I don't think he wants the headache from Hillary.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

catfish86 wrote:Some of his comments are nuanced. In one answer in an interview he said that how you deal with guns in NYC is very different with how you deal with guns in Texas. So it is possible he was dealing with guns the NYC way...considering environment and political climate. That still begs the question because he was a supporter of the Assault Weapon Ban because allowing AWs anywhere meant that banning them in NYC might be meaningless.
Anyone who entertains the notion that the Constitution applies differently in some parts of the country than in others has a serious credibility problem.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member