Gerrymandering, Sanctuary, Electoral Votes & 2020 Census

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

Gerrymandering, Sanctuary, Electoral Votes & 2020 Census

Post by High Power »

Mayor "Dead Fish" Emanuel has announced that Chicago will remain a "sanctuary" city. Illegal immigrants can move to the Windy City so they can escape deportation.

Does anyone really think that it's about saving illegal immigrants from deportation? That may be part of "Dead Fish's" motivation but not all. As with every other liberal politician that courts immigrant votes, "Dead Fish" is not any different.

His popularity ratings have gone down since 2015 and he's up for reelection in three years. So he needs all the votes he can get; whether they are legal or not. If he can get enough illegals in Chicago then he might be able to stuff the ballot boxes like they do in Chicago.

He probably hopes that with the 2020 census there will be an increase in population over and above the rest of Illinois to get more people in the 7th district & overflowing into the only nearby Republican district - the 6th. He's also hoping he can keep his Mayoral seat. At the same time he's probably hoping for enough spillover into adjacent congressional districts that it might put the 6th in jeopardy. Yes, I know that's a long shot but don't put anything past what these cockroaches will do in the dark. He was a congressman before and he might try it again.

The aforementioned motivations may be what is shared by other "sanctuary cities" around the country that hope to swell their populations. Don't forget that is also a way they can get more Federal or State dollars for various social programs.

The question remains; will other Mayors in other cities try this same tactic? What about Columbus and Cleveland? More on Sanctuary cities here: http://cis.org/Sanctuary-Cities-Map

Also keep this in mind. The number of voting representatives for the US House is set a 435. Each state is allotted representatives in proportion to it's population in comparison to the rest of the country. On January 25th the year following the census the Clerk of the House of Representatives is supposed to notify each state on how many representatives they get. So if a state gets more people in it compared to the last census then it could possibly get more representatives which also affects how many electoral votes that state gets.

Senator "Babs" Boxer introduced legislation for a constitutional amendment that would abolish the electoral college. Citing the "will of the people" as her rationale, she claims that HRC won the popular vote. She's probably not as worried about the popular vote as much as she is the possibility that her state could lose representatives and electoral votes if Trump is successful at rounding up illegal immigrants for deportation.

Now for the 2020 census. Does anyone know that the Census Bureau plans to use the internet to conduct the census in 2020? Okay, civic students and poli-sci majors; I'll let you answer this question. Does anyone see a problem with that?

Before you answer that question please keep the aforementioned "sanctuary cities" and congressional apportionment in mind. [Hint: it's one of the major arguments against internet voting and computerized balloting.] Oops! I'm sorry I may have given away the answer.

Here's the executive summary for how the Census Bureau plans on conducting the 2020 census. http://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys ... xe-sum.pdf

Now it's your turn. The first civic students and poli-sci majors that can answer my questions will get a golden atta-boy from me :D The lines are now open and we're waiting for your calls!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein