Will Hillary go to trial for her e-mail crimes?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Will Trump make good on his promise and have HRC tried for her e-mail crimes?

1: Yes
32%
2: No
45%
3: Yes but she'll get off like she has done before
11%
4: Other. Please explain.
13%

Total votes: 47

High Power

Will Hillary go to trial for her e-mail crimes?

Post by High Power »

I spent over two decades in military service and handled lots of classified information. If I had done what she did; I would be behind bars right now.

Will Mr. Trump make an example of her and other politicians to show that they are not above the law and that their bowel movements stink like everyone else? Will he appoint a special prosecutor and have HRC tried for her criminal activity?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
glocksmith

Re: Will Hillary go to trial for her e-mail crimes?

Post by glocksmith »

I heard some experts discussing this last night. There will likely be more investigations into The Clinton Foundation...and perhaps it will be shut down...but they say that no one is going to go to jail over it. Yes, that outcome would be disappointing, but there is one consolation...the same experts said that the Clinton's careers in politics are over now..that they will retire and disappear from the scene. To me, that is all that really matters. After last night...we are done with her...she's gone.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Pardon me?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

pirateguy191 wrote:Pardon me?
Yeah, the same "experts" also said that Obama could pardon her...but IDK if he can pardon her before a future investigation(s) has been conducted and before she's been formally charged.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
mreising

Post by mreising »

glocksmith wrote:I heard some experts discussing this last night. There will likely be more investigations into The Clinton Foundation...and perhaps it will be shut down...but they say that no one is going to go to jail over it. Yes, that outcome would be disappointing, but there is one consolation...the same experts said that the Clinton's careers in politics are over now..that they will retire and disappear from the scene. To me, that is all that really matters. After last night...we are done with her...she's gone.
I hope the end of the political career extends to the kid, also. Although she didn't get to choose her parents, she certainly has gone along with their corruption. She should just take her exorbitant "salary" for this year, and her apartment and then live off the interest. There is probably not a modelling career in her future.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
High Power

Post by High Power »

mreising wrote:I hope the end of the political career extends to the kid, also. Although she didn't get to choose her parents, she certainly has gone along with their corruption. She should just take her exorbitant "salary" for this year, and her apartment and then live off the interest. There is probably not a modelling career in her future.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

glocksmith wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:Pardon me?
Yeah, the same "experts" also said that Obama could pardon her...but IDK if he can pardon her before a future investigation(s) has been conducted and before she's been formally charged.
He certainly could:

“The power thus conferred is unlimited, with the exception stated. It extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment.” http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/71/333.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

If I were in Obama's shoes, I'd be asking myself the question "What's in it for me?" IDK if he'd want to risk damaging his legacy by a blanket pardon of Hillary Clinton...who is perceived by more than half of the population as a liar and a criminal. I can't see why Obama would bother. I'ts not his problem.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

One wonders how friendly they really are, I'm guessing that will drive it. Unless her going down would hurt his legacy, remembering he emailed on her private server under a fake name and lied about the whole thing too. Might be easier / neater / cleaner to pardon and shut the whole thing down and don't let that onion get peeled.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

glocksmith wrote:If I were in Obama's shoes, I'd be asking myself the question "What's in it for me?" IDK if he'd want to risk damaging his legacy by a blanket pardon of Hillary Clinton...who is perceived by more than half of the population as a liar and a criminal. I can't see why Obama would bother. I'ts not his problem.
^^What he said. I have difficulty believing that Obama would want a blanket pardon (which is what it would have to be) to be his legacy.

In contrast, the FBI has already made clear - twice - that there is an insufficient basis for charges. I'd be surprised to see the DOJ pursue charges at this point.

Finally, I am aware that Trump expressed his support for a special prosecutor. Personally, while I find Clinton's actions deplorable and criminal, I cannot support a political agenda which involves criminal prosecution of an opponent.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

sodbuster95 wrote:Personally, while I find Clinton's actions deplorable and criminal, I cannot support a political agenda which involves criminal prosecution of an opponent.
She broke the law. Why not prosecute regardless of her role as opponent?
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Full disclosure: I don't like anything in the world about Trump except for the fact that he won, took down Ms. Lucifer and to that end I voted for him. And while I understand the position he is placed in, immediately after winning the election, I VEHEMENTLY disagree with one of the very, very, VERY first things he accomplished as President Elect. The words he chose infuriated me and still do, hours later.

Congratulate her & her family on a hard fought battle? Sure, no problem. The people and the press want you to take the high road, I'm fine with that.
Saying that we owe her a debt of gratitude for her service to our country? Here is the first time (maybe the last time) I wish this was a completely unfiltered forum. I would lay a pile of defecate on this statement so tall and so chunky that even Hitlary's basement server would stress under the weight of my corn.

That she (hopefully) is out of politics forever is -WAY- down my list of demands. She sold out this nation repeatedly, she's guilty of treason and she's the worst American in modern U.S. political history. She & her husband's $100M+ fortune should be systematically drained on defense attorneys or maybe simply on manual labor for all the guys with shovels who get to dig up and move bodies every time one gets close to discovery.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I expect Zippy to give Hillary a blanket pardon just like Ford did for Nixon. He will be motivated by the fact that the Clintons know where all HIS bodies are buried.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
kSetuni

Post by kSetuni »

I certainly hope that she does get charged. Its not political Its upholding the laws that we have in place, that she knowingly violated.

We need to clean house and make sure that EVERYONE is held to the same standard and laws and doesn't get a free pass.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

ArmedAviator wrote:
sodbuster95 wrote:Personally, while I find Clinton's actions deplorable and criminal, I cannot support a political agenda which involves criminal prosecution of an opponent.
She broke the law. Why not prosecute regardless of her role as opponent?
It's not a prosecution that I take issue with, but the political motivation (potentially) behind it. I'm not comfortable with the acceptance of a political system where the winning candidate actively pursues prosecution of the losing candidate. That's exactly what Trump has stated he wants to do.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.