More new york unconstitutional firearms bans

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kSetuni

More new york unconstitutional firearms bans

Post by kSetuni »

I saw this on another site. It is a letter dated Oct 13 2016 from the NYPD demanding an owner remove a rimfire rifle or surrender it.

My thoughts:

What part of "WILL NOT BE INFRINGED" do they (the NYPD and New York) not understand?

I'm sorry this is simply inexcusable. New York city is one of the most violent in the country. Chicago had 47 crimes committed with guns over the weekend, Washington DC, LA, California have some of the worst crime statistics against people and firearm violence.

What do all of these have in common? They have some of the most unconstitutional firearm restrictions in the country. Yet its clear the unconstitutional laws clearly don't work as criminals will never follow laws, because well they are criminals. Criminals like easy prey, just like animals go after the easy or injured prey.

A rimfire rifle is illegal? This is living proof that it is more than just "assault weapons" (even though how an inanimate object can be labeled as assault since its impossible for it to perform an assault without the actions of a human, is beyond comprehension)

This is clear proof that those who want to pacify and dictate over this country want it disarmed so that we cannot resist. We better look back through history. Every dictator that came to power, Hitler, Stalin, Many in medieval times, etc the first thing they did was to ban and confiscate weapons.
glocksmith

Re: More new york unconstitutional firearms bans

Post by glocksmith »

I ran a Google on "NYPD Rifle & Shotgun" and this came back: https://www1.nyc.gov/html/nypd/download ... cation.pdf

Imagine having to go through all that just to own a long gun. If Hillary is elected next week, we may end up dealing with the same red tape. :?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

There has been at least one Appleseed that I know of that was held on Long Island or somewhere near it. Instructors from Ohio went to help, but could not bring loaner rifles due to the laws. The participants did not have their own rifles. New York instructors scrambled to make sure all had a rifle.

With the new SAFE law, I am not sure that would be legal now. I think there is something about not providing people a rifle without a NICS transfer.

Crazy.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

Imagine having to go through all that just to own a long gun. If Hillary is elected next week, we may end up dealing with the same red tape. :?

Coming soon to a State near you!
yogidave

Post by yogidave »

And that is why I have no desire to ever go to New York.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

yogidave wrote:And that is why I have no desire to ever go to New York.
Yep...especially when you have to ask "The New York State Department of Mental Hygiene" for permission to buy a firearm.

WTH??? :?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Mustang380gal wrote:There has been at least one Appleseed that I know of that was held on Long Island or somewhere near it. Instructors from Ohio went to help, but could not bring loaner rifles due to the laws. The participants did not have their own rifles. New York instructors scrambled to make sure all had a rifle.

With the new SAFE law, I am not sure that would be legal now. I think there is something about not providing people a rifle without a NICS transfer.

Crazy.
Your sure that Law went thru?
Edit: Oh, I see, it is a New York Law! :roll:
https://safeact.ny.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Luv2Camp

Post by Luv2Camp »

I do not miss living in NY at all. Was a painstaking process to buy a handgun. Go the firearm dealer and show your CCW permit before you can even touch a hand gun. Buy the handgun and they give you a purchase receipt. Bring the receipt to the police department and have them give you a piece of paper that shows you can purchase to add to your license. Go back and pick up the firearm from the store and bring it to the police department for them to inspect and add it to your license.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Sure would be hard to comply with all of the above methods after that tragic boating accident.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Ben Diss

Post by Ben Diss »

I escaped New York last year. After 25 years, it was tough to adjust to living in a free state. As a firearms instructor in NY, I taught others how to comply so that they could participate in sports shooting and have some protection for themselves and their families in their home. Until I was out of the state, I didn't fully appreciate how the rest of the nation had advanced their thinking around personal responsibility. I can imagine those not used to the thinking of a controlled society state may find the laws of New York state and New York city unfathomable. The main populace don't own firearms and generally haven't handled one, therefore they don't see the need for them. It's simply a matter of education and exposure.

[/rant]
mreising

Post by mreising »

Ben Diss wrote:I escaped New York last year. After 25 years, it was tough to adjust to living in a free state. As a firearms instructor in NY, I taught others how to comply so that they could participate in sports shooting and have some protection for themselves and their families in their home. Until I was out of the state, I didn't fully appreciate how the rest of the nation had advanced their thinking around personal responsibility. I can imagine those not used to the thinking of a controlled society state may find the laws of New York state and New York city unfathomable. The main populace don't own firearms and generally haven't handled one, therefore they don't see the need for them. It's simply a matter of education and exposure.

[/rant]
And that is the goal of the banners. If people have no personal history with firearms, they won't object when something is taken away. This is why compromise is NOT a solution. Gun control must be fought every step of the way or we eventually end up with this kind of crap.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Luv2Camp

Post by Luv2Camp »

Another ridiculous thing was it took almost 6 months to get my CCW permit in NY. Had to research every tickets I had ever received and supply a notorized page for each one explaining what the ticket was for. Multiple character witnesses needed. Formal interview with two officers at the pistol license unit and wait almost 6 months. Not to mention there is really no true CCW permit. It is a permit to carry with cause. If you can show enough bank records to support large cash handling for business you could get a business carry. Otherwise you were looking at target and hunting permit which only allowed concealed carry when going directly to and from range or hunting with no stops allowed. Only true CCW was retired police.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Could it be that this garbage could be construed as a "reasonable restriction" as referenced in the Heller decision?

It very well could, depending on who gets to appoint the next SCOTUS justice.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

That "reasonable regulation" will now be defined by a justice appointed by Trump and confirmed by a Republican Senate who has already promised to reciprocate with the "nuclear option" of not allowing filibuster on nominees...ie Trump doesn't have to temper his nominees.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

catfish86 wrote:That "reasonable regulation" will now be defined by a justice appointed by Trump and confirmed by a Republican Senate who has already promised to reciprocate with the "nuclear option" of not allowing filibuster on nominees...ie Trump doesn't have to temper his nominees.
GOOD! It's called the nuclear option for a reason. The Dems lit the fuse, so now let it blow up in their faces!
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member