Police Bill of Rights

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Police Bill of Rights

Post by bignflnut »

Before you click...can you guess where this article comes from?
How often do we hear of LEO assaulting someone, then resigning without assault charges being filed? Can you say Officer Daniel Andrews? Resignation or suspension – as if that equates to what would happen to the very citizenry LE is supposed to be protecting. Most citizens believe that if the Officer committed a crime, then they should be charged! But, apparently, not the Police.
And now comes along the Police Bill Of Rights!

These are “Rights“, afforded Police Officers in the aftermath of a lethal shooting.

These protocols are 180° away from the Rights you and I, the Second Class citizen, are afforded.

SNIP

Who in their right mind believes LEO should be afforded special protections during an investigation into the aftermath of an Officer involved shooting?

If you should ever be compelled to defend yourself from a violent attack and are forced to shoot the attacker, you can expect to have LE show up and treat you as a suspect in a homicide. It’s how they are trained and it’s just one of the reasons why you’re taught to give the basic information of the attack – that you were in fear of your life, point out witnesses, shell casings, anything that may be construed as evidence and then politely tell the Officer you want to help with the investigation, but at this time you will not be answering anymore questions until you’ve had an opportunity to consult with your attorney… and stick to it!

You will be prodded for the particulars. You will be told that it’s better to get the story while it’s still fresh in your mind. Your gun will be confiscated. You will be interrogated. You will take a ride.

Though rest assured, you will not be treated as a respected Brother in Blue.

Something is wrong in this Country when the protections of citizens Rights take a back seat to those who are sworn to protect us.

Something is very wrong.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
High Power

Re: Police Bill of Rights

Post by High Power »

I'm going to participate in LEO bashing but nobody should be above the law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUHSGEPyYcg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
High Power

Post by High Power »

High Power wrote:I'm going to participate in LEO bashing but nobody should be above the law.

I just re-read my earlier post. What I meant to say was:

"I'm NOT going to participate in LEO bashing but nobody should be above the law."
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

High Power wrote:
High Power wrote:I'm going to participate in LEO bashing but nobody should be above the law.

I just re-read my earlier post. What I meant to say was:

"I'm NOT going to participate in LEO bashing but nobody should be above the law."
I hate when the "edit" icon goes away too.....
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

I think the rank and file LEOs may have been sold out by their leadership and FOP. First, the leadership alienated LEOs from probably the most law abiding segment of society by opposing CCW laws. Now LEOs are under renewed attack from the least law abiding segments of society. I think the plan is to alienate LEOs from the people they serve so that when asked to follow unethical orders (confiscation) the social mores which would have possibly prevented carrying out such orders will not come into play. You cannot create a Us vs Them mentality without a Them.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I think LEO's have alienated themselves from law abiding citizens. Here are a few reasons why I fell that way:

1. They now have there own flag. I can't think of ANY other trade that does.
2.When a LEO die's, cops come from nearly every state, on company time, in a company car,on the clock, to attend a grandious funeral fit for the Pope.
3. Why do SWAT cops wear camo and cover there faces with masks?

THEY separated themselves.

I think they have the Master/Servant relationship mixed up.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
High Power

Post by High Power »

JU-87 wrote:3. Why do SWAT cops wear camo and cover there faces with masks?
That sounds like a riddle or a joke.

Because _________________(fill in the blank)______________________.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

High Power wrote:
JU-87 wrote:3. Why do SWAT cops wear camo and cover there faces with masks?
That sounds like a riddle or a joke.

Because _________________(fill in the blank)______________________.

I guess it's a joke. They are pretending that they are SF,Force Recon, SEALs, or Army Rangers. They call themselves "operators".
They are playing pretend.
A bad joke,IMO.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.