House and Senate races 2016 ?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

House and Senate races 2016 ?

Post by M-Quigley »

My anti gun relative was giddy this weekend, but not over the latest Trump campaign troubles. For some reason she thinks Democratic candidates for the House and Senate will ride Hillary's coattails, and retake not only the Senate, but the House also. She also mentioned that the anti gun legislation that failed this year, because "the Republicans cared more about the NRA's money than people's lives" :roll: will pass easily next year. She's not concerned about the legislation surviving the court challenges because Hillary will nominate the next Supreme court justice. She even cited this reference. She's so delusional that she thinks the NY times reporting represents mainstream American opinion. :roll:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/06/us/po ... paign.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although politicians have in the past rode the coattails of a presidential candidate, that candidate is usually a popular one that people generally want to vote for, not merely people are voting against the other guy or gal. People who have generally voted republican or conservative in the past aren't suddenly to become liberal or Democratic just because of Trump. At least that's my theory, am I way off base?
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: House and Senate races 2016 ?

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:My anti gun relative was giddy this weekend, but not over the latest Trump campaign troubles. For some reason she thinks Democratic candidates for the House and Senate will ride Hillary's coattails, and retake not only the Senate, but the House also. She also mentioned that the anti gun legislation that failed this year, because "the Republicans cared more about the NRA's money than people's lives" :roll: will pass easily next year. She's not concerned about the legislation surviving the court challenges because Hillary will nominate the next Supreme court justice. She even cited this reference. She's so delusional that she thinks the NY times reporting represents mainstream American opinion. :roll:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/06/us/po ... paign.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although politicians have in the past rode the coattails of a presidential candidate, that candidate is usually a popular one that people generally want to vote for, not merely people are voting against the other guy or gal. People who have generally voted republican or conservative in the past aren't suddenly to become liberal or Democratic just because of Trump. At least that's my theory, am I way off base?
It's possible if the GOP goes into civil war mode. The GOPers abandoning Trump now could anger the Trump supporters and lose their vote, but if they continue to support Trump, they risk losing the self righteous and the female voters that might otherwise support them. This is a very serious situation for the GOP over a not so serious issue compared to the other issues in this election.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Will OFCC have a list of candidates this election that they need us to support ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... e_map.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
231 -189 Red Team

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... e_map.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toss up right now

But if you put them to it (no toss ups)
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... s_ups.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it's 52-48 Red Team

Remember that time when Bush had a Red Congress and all that got done then?
This Congress met for 242 days, the fewest since World War II and 12 days fewer than the 80th Congress.[1][2][3] As the Congress neared its conclusion, some media commentators labelled this the "Do Nothing Congress,"
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
mreising

Post by mreising »

Remember that time when Bush had a Red Congress and all that got done then?
This Congress met for 242 days, the fewest since World War II and 12 days fewer than the 80th Congress.[1][2][3] As the Congress neared its conclusion, some media commentators labelled this the "Do Nothing Congress,"
[/quote]
I'm all for a do-nothing Congress, as opposed to one that does the wrong stuff, for example, 0bama's so called Affordable Healthcare Act. It only took on House cycle to get that shoved down our throats. I suspect that even if she only has Congress for two years we will see the most horrible gun control laws ever passed. And good luck getting the SCOTUS to overturn them. Come to think of it, I'm for a do-nothing Congress all the time; the less they agree on, the less they can do to us.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Will OFCC have a list of candidates this election that they need us to support ?
Huh. I thought we had posted our endorsements on the website somewhere, but I can't find it. I posted them to our Facebook page and group, here's a copy (it's a FB link so I don't know how long it will last...)

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/OFCC%2 ... pGB2aVinZw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I remember, I'll upload it to a more permanent location when I get home and post it in the Ohio politics forum, and maybe someone can post it on the main website too - I don't have the ability to do that, so someone else will need to.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Got them...Thanks.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Vote Fovozzo 2016!
2020 may be too late! :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I wouldn't want the pay cut....but thanks any way. :)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Updated (and hopefully permanent) link: http://imgur.com/x4cQjCf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Hopefully Rob Portman will flip-flop once more before elections and support OFCC's endorsement for POTUS. :|
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

curmudgeon3 wrote:Hopefully Rob Portman will flip-flop once more before elections and support OFCC's endorsement for POTUS. :|
If he and maybe Kasich does does his mind, I hope he does it before I vote. I really need their opinion to know who to vote for. :roll:
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:Hopefully Rob Portman will flip-flop once more before elections and support OFCC's endorsement for POTUS. :|
If he and maybe Kasich does does his mind, I hope he does it before I vote. I really need their opinion to know who to vote for. :roll:
Unfortunately, some people do need their opinion to cast their votes.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

I care not one bit what Gov. Butthurt does. He will never receive my vote anytime in the future. :x
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
dademoss

Post by dademoss »

These races are really is only listed in a thread to offsite link?

Off to BFA :shock: